woops, ****ed up Flash plugin on Macintel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Woutje, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Woutje macrumors member

Aug 21, 2005
    It appears that I ****ed up the universal Macromedia Flash plugin for Safari that came installed with OS X 10.4.4 for Intel while trying to install the "latest" plugin from the macromedia site (which is not universal). I've searched the install dvd, but couldn't find it. So now, whenever i visit a webpage with flash content I get an annoying error.

Since i am new to macs, I don't know what to do...plz help
  2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    I don't see it on Apple or Macromedia's site. Reinstall Safari from your DVD. That should do it.
  3. howesey macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2005
    Go to '/library/Internet Plugins' and trash anything that has flash in its name.
  4. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    See this thread.

If you delete the Adobe SVG plugins that I inadvertently included (or keep them... they're harmless), you can get the original Intel iMac plugins from http://formymac.com/MR/plugins.zip (~4MB).

Just download the file, unzip it to your desktop, and drag the "Flash Player.plugin" file into your "Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" folder (you might have renamed your disk, but I mean to drag it to the main Library folder, not the one in your own user account). The other plugins aren't needed - you already have them.