1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

So awhile ago someone told me about woot.com, and I've been checking them out ever since, as much for the fun of seeing what they would put up as for actually buying something. A week or two ago, I finally found a product I liked, a vacuum, and bought it. When it came, the color was different, and it did not have a light on the front. No big deal, the color was better in my opinion, and I didn't really need a light. Plus woot.com gave me 20% back since it was a slightly different item.

Today, my second woot.com item came, a bluetooth mouse I had been wanting, the microsoft one with the tilt wheel that is apple compatible. Except it was an old microsoft bluetooth mouse, with no tilt wheel, and I cannot program the buttons, or even use some of them. There is no apple driver for it (that I can find). I've written woot, asking that they hold up their end of our contract and send me the correct mouse, but I'm doubting it'll happen. I'm not going to order from them again, and I would advise everyone else to avoid them as well (I will retract that statement if they actually do send me the correct mouse).

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

sorry to hear that... but a store with a name like woot.com.... you had to have hesitated before clicking the "confirm order" button.

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I realize this could be naive of me, but I dislike the idea that stores are held to the standards of - cheap:whatever they want, average price: bottom level service, expensive:decent service, super expensive:good service. A store should give you what you order, regardless of how "professional" it is. The lax in accountability for the quality of a product / service an industry provides to it's consumers bothers me.

That being said, woot.com is giving me a full refund, including shipping. Is this what I wanted? No. Is it "good enough"? No. Does it mean I don't lose any money? Yes.

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I too hate this condition. I hate that companies can consistantly get away with this kind of stuff. OBVIOUSLY someone was aware that they were sending you an old mouse- not the one you likely researched and decided was best for you. I've heard so many horror stories of being shipped the wrong products with no box AND broken! It's ridiculous. And you never want to call them up to confront them because it so often ends up being a snobby salesperson, only trying to sell you the "discount battery" or "recommended hard case" or "necessary UV filter". These guys are relentless.
    Luckily, for all you people dealing with phone orders, i figured out a pretty good fix. Every time you lace an order, say that it's for a company- a camera for a film company, for example. And each time they try to sell you an overpriced crappy general brand accessory, just tell them that "it's already on hand". And they'll shut up.
    Just a rant really, but i can never express how much hatred i feel towards these types of companies. arg.