Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
aquajet said:
7) So much camber it appears that the wheels are about to break off.
8) Expensive 18" rims on the back, rusty old 13" steel rims on the front

9) Peel off flame, tiger and leapord stickers.
10) Blank CD hanging from rear view mirror.
11) 200-pound subwoofer in back seat.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Glad you got a car you like. I used to have a Jeep Cherokee Sport, and I got around 24 m.p.g on the highway. That was with the 5-speed though. I miss is sometime. I currently drive a ford Taurus (sigh). I get between 24-31 m.p.g, depending on my driving. My favorite car(s) of all time was my Eagle Talon (31 m.p.g-at about 90 mph) and my Ford Festiva (42 m.p.g-it couldn't reach 90 mph- I tried). Oh well.

revisionA

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
I get 24/30 in my 2004 Toyota Celica GTS ... helps me that its lowered, with a nice loud exhaust and CAI, headers and the lovely deep bored 4 cyl that punches 180hp not counting the various mods.

Someone almost ruined my holiday, and hit my hood when I was shopping, but a friend of mine knew a body guy and we got it 95% of the way back to normal using a block of wood, a sledgehammer and two peoples hands.

Sweet.

$

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
I plan on trying to get a hybrid once I graduate from college (for economical and ethical reasons- SOMEONE'S got to start worrying about their emissions, right?), but for now I'm too poor for insurance and gas costs, so I've leant my 2000 Saturn LS2 to a friend that was in need. She and I are splitting maintenance costs, and I'm actually really enjoying getting around town on foot or by bike. I usually don't need to leave the confines of my little town, so it's not particilarly inconvenient. In fact, it's rather liberating! :)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I have the same Liberty and the ****** gas milage is killing me. I'm about ] [ this close to selling it and getting a new car with decent gas milage. I'm sick of spending $70 a week on gas.

L

Lau

iGary said:
9) Peel off flame, tiger and leapord stickers.
10) Blank CD hanging from rear view mirror.
11) 200-pound subwoofer in back seat.

12) Neon lights lighting up the underneath
13) Tinted windows
14) Numberplate in "exciting" font

You can tell I grew up in Southend-on-Sea. Rahnd and rahnd dahn the seefrunt!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
yellow said:
I have the same Liberty and the ****** gas milage is killing me. I'm about ] [ this close to selling it and getting a new car with decent gas milage. I'm sick of spending $70 a week on gas.

I rented a Liberty out in Monterey, CA and was pleasnatly surprised by the gas mileage. :confused:

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Lau said:
13) Tinted windows

You can tell I grew up in Southend-on-Sea. Rahnd and rahnd dahn the seefrunt!

15) Type "R" stickers

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
hcuar said:
Yup, I just took my 2002 Jeep Liberty V6 and even traded it (plus a few hundred bucks back to me) for a 2002 Honda Civic LX. Both have equal miles and are both in perfect condition. I ended up getting the deal I wanted after they offered me the opportunity to give them $3000.00 for the Honda and take my Jeep. :eek: I guess that's what happens when you wear them down for 1/2 the day. :D

Anyhow... My Jeep needed gas once per week... The new (used) car will only require me to fill up once every 2.5 to 3 weeks. (per my calcs)
Fantastic. Fun saving $ at the gas pump as well.

Just think, you could invest the $ you save on gas to start a nice nest egg.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
iGary said:
I rented a Liberty out in Monterey, CA and was pleasnatly surprised by the gas mileage.

I do a lot of highway driving and I get ~17.4MPG on average. That's piss poor considering I live 30+ miles from where I work.

L

Lau

Lau said:
13) Tinted windows

iGary said:
10) Blistered stick-on tinted windows.
11) Custom airbrushed scrollwork.

Hell of a way to find out you're on iGary's Ignore list. :eek: :(

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Lau said:
Hell of a way to find out you're on iGary's Ignore list. :eek: :(

Aww, you're not on my ignore list (I don't even know how to do that :eek: ).

I was just going from iSaint's above mine cuz I'm lazy.

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
aquajet said:
Great car. My parents' have a '96 DX that sips a gallon every 42 miles. Great little car, but I'm a bigger fan of the TDI-powered VW.

I'm such an early adopter that I bought one when gas still cost $1.30.

I'd be right pissed if my car only got me 42 mpg.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
pseudobrit said:
I'm such an early adopter that I bought one when gas still cost $1.30.

I'd be right pissed if my car only got me 42 mpg.

:D I don't have one myself, but a friend does. He recently upgraded the injectors, and wow...that thing jumps off the line. Beats the **** out of my 2.0 Beetle. I hope to buy one someday if I can ever get myself out of school. ;)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
when i saw the title of the thread, i thought you discovered some new additive or modded out your vehicle yourself or through a genius mechanic :)

i always drive by this 2000-ish gem condition suburban for sale for just $3500 dollars...it remnids me of when i was first driving, back in 1979 when big caddies (and other large american cars/trucks) in great condition were getting dumped for cheap or traded for smaller japanese and german cars

my '84 volvo dl station wagon is increasingly a large vehicle compared to all the mini coopers and hybrids i keep seeing sprouting up, along with civics, beemers, accords, infinities, and a whole host of smaller american cars...and i think my highway mileage is not much better than 20 mpg these days...of course when the car was brand new, it was more efficient than that

my city gas mileage is very dismal, however, and that's mostly where i drive, and i don't really have the right to criticize later model suv and trucks since they get better mileage than me ;)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Congrats on the new ride.

Been tempted to do a Prius since my commute is short (6 miles each way) and my total miles driven each month is under 500. So with my Baja that works out to a tank and half each month.

Just can't make the math work in trading in a 2 1/2 yo car.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
mopppish said:
I plan on trying to get a hybrid once I graduate from college (for economical and ethical reasons- SOMEONE'S got to start worrying about their emissions, right?)...

Diesel is very promising in that regard, but only until the gov't can get off their asses, do the right thing and aggressively push for higher-quality diesel fuel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.