Word 04 for mac problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicolle19, Feb 15, 2007.

1. nicolle19 macrumors member

I have a word document that was made on a windows computer with word, which i emailed to myself via hotmail. I am trying to open it on my mac with office (word ) and it says that it might be in use or not a valid file.....please help

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

People with Word 2004 receive, read, and edit documents created using Word:win everyday. Your problem is not a Word problem. You need to be a little more specific about the other elements of your workflow. For example, which email client are you using on your Mac?

3. nicolle19 thread starter macrumors member

The word document was created with office on a pc, then emailed to myself via hotmail. I then go to hotmail and download it and try to open it from my desktop and it wont open....says word does not recognize it

4. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Does it have the extension .doc? if not rename it.
    otherwise..? I transfer win->mac Word files often with no probs.

5. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

If you emailed it while the file was still open, there's your problem. I get this error in Acrobat occasionally when transferring PDFs from my Mac to our primary PC where I work and the files are still open on my end.

Assuming that's the culprit - this doesn't have anything to do with Word versions or email program versions.

Reopen the file on the PC, resave it, close Word, then email it; that should fix the problem.