Word 2004 and anooying Adobe Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cusp, Jan 30, 2005.

1. cusp macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2004
    Los Angeles
    In MacWorld a few months back was a letter? article? explaining how to remove the annoying Adobe Acrobat menu bar from Word 2004. Unfotunately I believe I gave that issue away to a friend switching from Windows PC to Apple.

Cany anyone tell me how to remove the Acrboat bar, or point me to the MacWorld article that tells how to? It has appeared again...

2. rot@ti.org macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2005
    Removing annoying menu bar

When you get into Acrobat, it puts a plug-in file in your Microsoft Office folder. As I recall, the file has the name "postscript" in it. Drag this to the trash. Next time you start Word or another Office program, the menu bar will be gone.

Next time you start Acrobat, it will do it all over again. As I recall, there is a dialog box when Acrobat opens up asking you a question. Answering the question a certain way stops the process, but it was not obvious how to answer the question, so try both ways. Once it works, check the box that says "do not ask again."

Sorr to be so vague, but now that I finally got my system running ok out I don't want to have to go through this again!
  3. marcfiszman macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2004
    I seem to remember dumping some PDF-related file in /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Startup/Word