Word for Mac - full screen etc. HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, May 20, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

Nov 14, 2008
    1. Whenever I open it, it will open to almost the full screen height - I'd still need to click the green (+) button, to stretch the Word window down entirely. Still then, if I wanted it in full screen, I'd have to drag it manually over the entire screen. So my question is, how to make it ALWAYS open in full size (that is, over the entire screen)?

2. Whenever I open Word, my keyboard will switch to US English. I've tried setting Default Language in Word to some other language, but when I start Word the US English keyboard will apparently still pop out regardless. How to make the program not change my keyboard on each launch?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2007
    1: Not much you can do about that. That's just Apple's windowing environment for you. Things don't necessarily always make sense / work perfectly right.

2: I have little experience with other language settings. However, it could have something to do with the version of Word you got? Again, I may not be a whole lot of help here, but it sounds like there is either poor programming on M$'s part, or you got the wrong version of Office for your language/nationality, perhaps...
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2008
    This is an excellent piece of software for 1. no idea about 2 though sorry :)
  4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 14, 2008
    I have the English version of Office, but also have the English version of iWork, yet in the latter it will never switch keyboards automatically upon launching Pages.

True, I've seen this before and will give it a try. I just hoped there would be a "natural" setting that would open the program in full screen automatically. C'mon Apple, do something about it!!
  5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 14, 2008
    I just tried RightZoom and while it does open Word in full screen now, it still doesn't fit it completely to the screen (leaving small fissures on top and at the bottom), meaning I'd still have to press the green (+) to make it fit the screen, which irritates me. Why doesn't it work right away?? :(