word - lost my text

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by luja68, Jun 28, 2006.

1. luja68 macrumors newbie

I don't know if anybody here could help me and mabey there is nothing to do about anyway.....but I'm very desperate.
    Something super stupid happend, was translating a text, finished it, want to save it, programm asked if i want to replace document and being very tired I said no....4000 words are gone....Are they gone for good or is there mabey somewhere in my computer a place where I could find something back??

Would be very, very happy if someone could help

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

So you had never saved the document with a filename before this?

When it said "do you want to replace the docuemnt that already exists?" That means you chose to save it with the same name as a prior document.
    If you chose "No" then that would have just aborted the save and returned you to the document on screen. What happened after that? Did you quit Word and tell it not to save?

Chances are, yer pooched, I'm afraid.

SOMETIMES, when you first open Word, it gives you the chance to Recover a document that hadn't been saved, from its temporary files. Also check the Open Recent...

Also look on your hard drive for temporary files. And search for the name you might have saved this as.