Wordpress 11" or 13" MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by peterb69, Nov 5, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Oct 14, 2008
    I am going to be maintaining my camera club's website which is switching over to wordpress. I also need a new computer and decide on the Air.

So, for creating wordpress web pages (and photo gallery), is buying a 13" smarter then an 11". I assume 13" is probably the most common size out there, so I wonder if it is better to see my pages I'm publishing on the 13".

So I guess I'm looking for any response from 11" Air owners who also have a wordpress site. Any issues? Wish for bigger screen?

2. macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    The screen size you choose is a matter of personal preference. Either will be more than sufficient for the needs you describe.
  3. macrumors member

Mar 30, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Exactly. If you're concerned how others will see it, I'd suggest using a "responsive" WordPress theme, as they can alter the layout appropriately depending on whether the viewer is seeing the site on a computer, tablet, or phone.
  4. macrumors 68030

Jul 30, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    In my experience, if you have access to an external monitor, the 11" is a great sole computer, if you don't, and the Air is going to be your only machine, I'd recommend the 13". I say this having owned both.
  5. macrumors 65816

May 7, 2009
    Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    fully agree with this comment - my wife sent hers back, screen to small and she'd end up with a headache most days she used it.
    since getting the 13" all is fine.