Words with Friends App doing strange things

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by Love Scrabble, Feb 19, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I purchased the Words with Friends App two weeks ago and it has worked like a charm. However, last night it started "clicking off" less than 5 seconds after I selected my game. None of my other apps are doing this. Has anyone had this happen to them and, if so, what is the solution?

2. macrumors 6502

I'd say it is a server issue. The app acts funny for me every now and then. I pretty much just stop playing for awhile when that happens. By the time I return, things are working smoothly, again.

3. macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's been doing that for the last two weeks. The developer has released new versions so make sure you keep up to date.

4. macrumors member

The game has gotten hugely popular and a few weeks ago they updated the server to handle the traffic & things have gone downhill ever since with all kinds of bugs. They are fully aware and are at work trying to iron out all the bugs. I myself have had the app crash numerous times, had to create new accts and have had to uninstall, reinstall the app, i also am getting Ads in the paid versoin of this app now & push notifications stop working about a week ago for me :( It's a great game so i'm not going to bitch to much here lol! I following them on facebook because they post regularly information on there bugs and fixes, you should as well :)

5. macrumors newbie

Words with Friends

I have been playing for months and just last night I began having problems. It opens and says updating then when I click on a game - it immediately closes itself. I have shut down, restarted, reloaded the program and still haven't found a solution. Any ideas?