Words With Friends on Mac App Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xxplosive1984, Mar 15, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Does anyone know if this is/will be available? I'll be getting a Macbook Pro soon and it would be great if it was on there. I love it on my touch. Thanks!

2. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

There isn't one yet, and I doubt there will be, unfortunately.

3. macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Anyone heard anything new on this? I realize it is an old thread.

4. macrumors 6502

Last time I checked the only way to play it on a Mac or a Windows PC was in a browser through Facebook. On second thought I vaguely remember that there was some sort of Android emulation software that you could install (at least on Windows - not sure about Mac) -- but it sounded like a lot of trouble for less than perfect results.

5. macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

One wonders why the app authors are too damn lazy to make an OS X version when it's so simple to make an OS X app of this nature from the iOS one. It would take hardly any time at all. You practically get it for free. Just another reason to not support such products.

Basically, I don't want to play it on a tiny iPhone. I like to play scrabble on the Mac, but Pogo's ad system sucks. It's hard to believe that in 2014 you can't get a nice full screen Scrabble game like they used to offer for the PC that you can play online (and without Facebook; I refuse to use these identity stealing social sites).