Working and Problematic Macbook thread

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by drummerbooker14, Jul 31, 2006.

1. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

it seems as though users only see one side of the macbooks. so i figured that it would be a good idea to have a threa where users post whether or not they have a working, or problematic macbook.

2. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

3. iCheese macrumors regular

Mine moos very rarely, but I still love it so much. the widget at moofix.com seems to help.

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

only problem mine has is the discoloration, which apple immediately agreed to fix (just haven't taken it in yet). other than that it's silent and perfect. :D

5. drewfasa macrumors newbie

drewfasa

Loves it

Great machine, but 512MB RAM won't cut it when Rosetta is running, which is lame, really lame, so £118 later (a bargain, but still too expensive) I am getting my 2GB corsair RAM tomorrow which will mean I can use my expensive MS Office tomorrow.

6. Spud Murphy macrumors newbie

Spud Murphy

Very impressed with the macbook (my first apple computer) so far, only problems at the moment are a slight mooing and sometimes when on battery power the wireless will turn off when inactive which can be quite annoying.
    Overall, very pleased (but defo need to go buy the extra RAM)

7. mgthrall macrumors newbie

I love my MacBook. I haven't been this happy with a new piece of technology in a long, long time.

8. Moe macrumors regular

Love mine too. No mooing, whining, staining, or heat issues.

9. nhamze macrumors member

I have a white 1.83 macbook three weeks and no problems

10. flyguy451 macrumors regular

Two month old 1.83 Macbook started off with slight mooing, which I can live with, gradually developed slight yellow stain to left side of trackpad button, which I can live with, and LAST WEEK IT BEGAN TO SPONTANEUOSLY SHUT DOWN ABOUT 30 TIMES A DAY, WHICH I OBVIOUSLY CANNOT LIVE WITH!!! As you can imagine, this is very frustrating. I am presently trying to arrange to have the replacement logic board sent to my local repair shop before taking the Macbook in to minimize the turn around time.

11. reburrcca macrumors member

reburrcca

I returned my first MacBook because of discoloration, mooing, and overheating. The Walnut Creek Apple Store was most pleasant and exchanged it for a new one even though I had bought the defective one a little over two weeks prior to that.

My new MacBook is awesome. I've switched over from PC to Mac and I'll go back.. couldn't be happier.

:D

12. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

perfect...

oh yeah, and it sometimes shuts down randomly :(

13. Magnus Reftel macrumors member

I've got an 1.83 w/ 512MB RAM (not sure about the week number). Moos, whines, random shutdowns. Slight staining. I'm going to the repair shop with it tomorrow.

14. WillMak macrumors 6502a

I've got a 1.83 2GB macbook. My second one. First one had a moo that was unbearable;I was actually asked to leave my university library cause it was too loud for the other students! This one has a slight quiter moo so things are good. LOVE IT I CAN RUN 35 APPLICATIONS AT ONCE!:D