Working for JFK

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by pseudobrit, Oct 23, 2004.

1. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    I spent 8 hours working locally for the Kerry campaign today. It was quite fun and I got to meet more than a few interesting people.

I plan to do more.

I hope anyone who feels this country needs a change will do a little bit more than vote and bitch on the internet.

Even if all you can do is stuff envelopes for an hour or two, it allows another staffer or volunteer to do something else during that time. Canvassing is very important, as is transportation the day of the election.
    I was giving a little money to the DNC here and there, but felt I had a responsibility to do more.

When I have kids, I don't want to have to give the same shameful answer to questions the German children of the 50s and 60s asked their parents: "what were you doing?"
  2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    That's the reason my cohort and I made the anti-Bush and pro-Kerry videos for our local public access station. For a long time, I'd been feeling I should do something rather than just complain. It's also why I'm gladly sponsoring the "Hijacking Catastrophe" program on the same station.

Technically I'm not working inside the Kerry campaign, but I feel if I'm reaching people on his behalf, even if it's only a few dozen or a hundred at a time, I'm doing something positive.

This was, however, my first time ever contributing money to a campaign. I just couldn't turn down good ol' Bill Clinton. ;)