World Bees Are Missing

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gkarris, Apr 25, 2007.

1. macrumors 604

Dec 31, 2004
    "No escape from Reality..."
  2. macrumors 6502a

those poor bees are just taking it on the chin, the gut, the head....

if it isn't mites or mold, its something else. almost like mother nature has it out for the little dudes.

If they disappear, we're in a little bit of trouble.
  3. macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2007
    I live in Arizona and all the bees here are Killer Bees. I had a swarm attack me last year that ended in some broken bones. The killer bees are bad for the endemic species that are not hive bees. So maybe this is a good thing. :confused:

4. macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    You mean Killer Bees are real??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought they were just a figment of a bad '70's B movie. :eek: :eek: :p
  5. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    In news released today from a couple of guys I know, the die-off in the US is being blamed on either a parasitic fungus or a virus, the same thing suspected in the European/Asian die-off.

6. macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    definitly real. they will chase you for up to like 2 miles in a jeep. talk about mean lil suckers.

i have seen some discovary shows were they attack people and within seconds they are tons of bees on the person. all their stings can kill you if you arent taken to a hospital soon

that and i know they take over hive bees since they are so aggressive
  7. macrumors 6502a

Jan 12, 2006

They actually have less venom in their stings than your average honey bee, so it would take hundreds of stings in all the wrong places to kill you.
  8. macrumors 6502a

last I read, about a month ago, scientists were mystified about colony collapse.
    Have you recently read about this?
  9. macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2006
    But they are so aggressive that they will sting your hundreds of times...