World Champion Lenox fighting tonight

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Lennox Lewis or Klitshko who's going to kick who's butt?? Iam wanting Lennox gentlemen from England. Shure i have english blood only of lighter persuasion go Lennox! Same Lennox that Knocked Tyson out a year ago, you know the Tyson arrested last night for another brawl.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sure that they will make a lot of money with pay-per-view on cable. Personally have no interest in the fights!

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

4. firewizard macrumors member

hey im curious did anyone watch the game???
    if so who won?!!
    i was goin to watch it but i was to busy cookin dinner
    so yeah does anyone know?

5. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

They stopped the fight after the 6th because of a cut on Vitaly. He was winning on all three scorecards 4-2. He could have knocked Lennox out in the second, but he let up. I guess this sets up a big rematch!

6. iGav macrumors G3

Lewis looked lazy, slow and knackered... I don't think he'll go down as one of the greats. On his day he's a solid fighter, but he's pretty cocky with it...

Klitschko I was dead impressed with considering he was a late stand in... A rematch has to happen! Then I hope Lewis gets knocked out...

Roll on Bruno Vs. Harrison... :D :p :p

7. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Lewis did seem a little cocky, and was losing the fight on points but man he made a mess of Klitshko's Left side face. large cuts above and below the eye. I think stopping it was the thing to do. Lewis is usually a slow starter but a few more rounds and they would have been picking that guys eye up with a dust pan.

8. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I was going for Vitaly, so I was upset. However, I am sure Lennox will be in better shape for the next fight. I think Vitaly let his chance pass him by.

9. iGav macrumors G3

So will Klitschko I hope... he didn't really get the usual pre-fight training period because of his late stand in status...

As for Lewis, he's a legend in his own mind... :rolleyes:

10. AhmedFaisal Guest

What's all this talk about Vitaly letting it pass by?

Like it was his decision. He wanted to continue the fight but the Doc that checked his eye forced an end to the fight. What a shame! Vitaly was more than pissed about that decision afterwards. Lewis looked bad and was about to get the winds knocked out of him. I personally think this fight was ended by bribery and cheating yet again. Reminds me of the time that they cheated Graciano Roccigiani in his fight against Henry Maske. Rocky should have won!
    Cheers,

Ahmed

11. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Re: What's all this talk about Vitaly letting it pass by?

did you SEE his eye? the fact that he was even allowed to fight for three rounds after he got that cut is amazing in and of itself. he missed his chance, and it was pretty easy to see. he had two or three chances to knock lennox out cold and he just didnt suck it up and do it. he had to know that his eye was so bad that it was gonna get called. but he didnt go for it.

12. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Re: What's all this talk about Vitaly letting it pass by?

I am not saying it was his fault that they stopped the fight. I am saying that it is his fault he did not knock him out in the second round. He had a chance, but backed off. I was definitely going for Vitaly. I just think if they fight again, Lennox will be better prepaired.