world of wacraft dual logging on the SAME MAC

Discussion in 'Games' started by mishi, Mar 12, 2006.

1. mishi macrumors regular

May 22, 2004
    i know its really easy on PC...just open up 2 copies of wow..same way as EvE online works. but with my mac when i try to open up 2 copies of wow ill open up the first copy. when i double click on the wow app again to open up the second copy it just brings the first one to the front.
    i have tried terminal-just "open /games/worldofwacraft/worldofwarcraft"...does the same thing.

there seriously must be a way to open 2 copies of wow on a mac.

plz help:mad: :D
  2. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Feb 28, 2006
    Central Illinois
    What are you trying to do, trade with yourself?

It's just easier to mail yourself some equipment or money or whatever, wait an hour and it'll show up.
  3. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    To run two different instances of any application on Mac you need to have two installs of it. You might be able to do it by just making a copy of the wow executable but I don't know for sure.
  4. kronos2611 macrumors member

Jun 14, 2004
    I've just quickly tried it and simply making a copy of the world of seems to work.. Previously i've only ever run the test instance and the 'production' instance at the same time and that works perfectly.
  5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    so i went home tried to copy the warcraft app. in my world of warcraft folder. and i was able to open 2 differnt windows and log in. of course when one logged in the other kicked me out but it seemed to work. if i only had 2 accounts.:)

kronos and i are able to do it .. so you should be able to... maybe you can log like 15 accounts if you have 15 copies all in mini windows.