World of Warcraft Anything New To spark interest again?

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, Apr 27, 2006.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

World of Warcraft Anything New To spark interest again? Im debating weather of not I should sign up again.

2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

3. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

The expansion isn't due for another 6 or so months. To answer the original question, No, there isn't anything worth coming back for yet. Wait for the expansion.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Depends on when you left? There are several new instances for lvl60, 2 lvls of epic armor to collect, battlegrounds.

5. Quantum Man macrumors member

6. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

There's always something to keep you busy. Join a good raiding guild and you can start hitting the high-end instances like MC, BWL, ZG, and AQ. It boggles my mind when people say there is nothing to do...

7. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

depends what ur into, but personally, I'd say no.

I got sick of raiding BWL for hours on end on FRIDAY NIGHTS after doing the same thing for MC for half a year. 4-6+ hours in an instance... sitting at your computer... its not my cup of tea anymore. Honestly, it was great times sometimes, but looking back on it, I want to kick myself for doing all that for some purple items.

I'm waiting for the expansion, but while I wait, I'm looking into Guild Wars and other games to keep me busy.

8. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

What people mean to say is that there's nothing to do that interests them, or that they have the time for. I went on a couple of raids, including MC, and it just takes too long. I'm not willing to sit in front of the computer for that long. Too many fun things to do in RL.:D

My end game consisted of finding challenges I could complete in stages, or in a couple of hours. For example, my hunter solo-tamed some hard-to-get pets, like the Bloodaxe Worg in LBRS and the ZG bat. I soloed the Piccolo of the Flaming Fire (or whatever it is) guy. Now I've run out of interesting things to do on my hunter, so I'm leveling a druid.

Basically, wait for the expansion if you don't want to raid.

9. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

I ganked my boss in RL, and he dropped an epic.

10. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

ROFL

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Nice! I'm going to organize a raid on my boss' office next week after our staff meeting.

12. sketchy macrumors regular

there are Tier .5 epics that are attainable through questing and a 5 man runs through scholo. depending on your class, they might have changed your talents. Priests just got reviewed, mages are getting their long awaited review.

some new epic rewards for the BG's, and they changed the stats on a lot of items. (entire arcanist set, magisters set, etc). There is LOTS to do in silithus (new city, etc) and if the gates have been opened.. 2 more instances 20 and 40 man.

and broodlord quest chains for new items/armor.

besides that -- there is nothing new to do if you hate repetitive grinding of the same things and you don't have 4+ hours to dedicate to AQ, BWL, MC, ZG

13. toomuchstereo macrumors regular

With patch 1.11 we will be able to fight Kel Thuzzad from WC III in a new dungeon called Naxxramas.

14. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

15. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

The weather effect almost makes me want to join. I always thought that was missing. I left at level 42 ish

16. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

No. It costs $40 from Amazon.com.

What I want to know is if you buy the expansion pack do you still have to buy the original game? If you do that would suck. You'd have to blow $80 for the game and expansion pack; for new players anyway. :cool:

17. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Unless you've done lvl60 on all professions and races then surely there's tonnes more to WoW. Just playing with different people and in different situations can make a massive difference - for example, try and find someone who you can play with in the same room, that's amazing!

18. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

Your boss is a nOOb, and your epix sucks.

19. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

well, it's an expansion pack, meaning it expands on the original.. meaning you have to buy the original separately.

20. MacEffects macrumors 6502

I have a Level 60 Warlock (Server is on my location here :) ) and I only have 4 Epic Gears so I am working on that, and lots of fun with PvP Battle Grounds, Raids, etc. I know that you can always start a new class or an alternate or something, or you can change sides on another server :p

Always something new to do :rolleyes:

21. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Darn. :mad: I was hopping that Blizzard would do what Guild Wars did. All expansion packs include the original game. :cool:

22. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it got really boring for me once I'd been 60 for a while. Same ol' same ol' time after time after time. RL is a lot more fun. :)

23. neilg macrumors member

I keep hearing about this RL. Is it any good? And will it run on my Sawtooth G4?

;)

24. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

RL has some pretty amazing graphics but boring quests and stupid npcs.:D

25. toomuchstereo macrumors regular

The Burning Crusade Expansion pack doesn't come out till 10/2/06 so thats plenty of time to start playing now and get yourself to 60, then you get a new level cap of 70, new races, and tons of new content.