Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
Warning! Guides will NOT help you get through STV any easier!
Stupid horde :(
Things start to slow down in your lvl 50's since no one wants to run UBRS or BRD anymore :(
Gratz on 5 and GL

EDIT: Also, is anyone else playing WoW so much that they are dreaming that they are their characters? I think I need a WoW break. :)

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
All the other tradeskills are primary ones. Mining, skinning, and herbalism are considered "gathering professions" by the general populus simply because they are the tradeskills with which you "gather" items from the world. These tend to be the more profitable ones overall because they are raw resources. The other tradeskills are leatherworking, blacksmithing, alchemy, enchanting, tailoring, and jewelcrafting. Typical combinations that people pick are the following although you are free to pick whatever combination you desire.

Leatherworking & Skinning
Blacksmithing & Mining
Alchemy & Herbalism
Enchanting & Tailoring
Jewelcrafting & Mining

You can change tradeskills later in your WOW career. The gathering skills tend to be easier and cheaper to level and more lucrative in the short run. So an alternative strategy that I see some people adopt is to start with two "gathering professions" (typically skinning and either mining or herbalism).
You stick with these until you have enough money to buy your epic mount(s) and have amassed a nice nest egg. Then switch one of the gathering skills to crafting so that you have one of the combos listed above. At this point you can easily power-level the new crafting skill. Using this strategy you will have more money to buy rare recipes for your crafting skill, so you will net out more in the long run. Just a thought; possibly not as much fun as the more traditional way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.