World of Warcraft - character won't show up

Discussion in 'Games' started by raptor96, Jan 13, 2007.

1. raptor96 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I finally gave in and came back to WoW. Here's the thing. I play on several servers and I'm having this problem on all of them (I even started a new char and same problem). I also deleted the WTF and Interface folders to try and get rid of mods. So anyway...

I renewed my subscription + downloaded all updates and logged in. I go to my main and as soon as I log in the toon doesn't show up and I get "Disconnected from Server." This has happened with all my other characters on the server. On the other servers I play, I don't get disconnected but my char doesn't show up at all. And my latency says 0 ms so I don't think that's it either. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? I'm kind of mad that they'll take my money on wkds eagerly but there's no live support on weekends. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Also - my setup is a 1.33 ghz Al Powerbook w/ 768 mb RAM and I've run the game on it before for like 8 months with absolutely no issues.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Trying brining up your Character Panel by pressing C. This always works for me.

3. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i'm pretty sure you shouldn't delete the WTF and Interface folders.
    try reinstalling the game.

4. raptor96 thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm02060p

I'd rather not reinstall the game as I've had it for a while so I'd have to patch about 2.5 gigs of new stuff which would take forever. I'll try the other suggestion and maybe call blizzard on monday.

5. raptor96 thread starter macrumors regular

So I just logged in and tried that and it just quickly disconnects me from the server. I really don't know what's going on.

6. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

7. raptor96 thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any way to reinstall such that I can keep the downloaded patches for it to then install? I really don't want to have to wait while it downloads all the patches...

8. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

There is a folder named WTF? :D hehe

9. TastyCakes macrumors newbie

sounds like a router problem. are you wireless? if so then connect directly to your modem and try playing wow again. if it works then you know the problem lies within your router. get a firmware upgrade for it.