World of Warcraft Cosmos UI nightmare

Discussion in 'Games' started by AmnesiacOpera, Jun 2, 2005.

1. AmnesiacOpera macrumors member

I recently downloaded Cosmos UI for World of Warcraft just to try it out, and decided to delete it after deciding I didn't like it. So I trashed the WDB, WTF, and Interface folders. When I relaunched WoW, there was still a vertical toolbar on the right left over. So I deleted the .pref files for WoW. Relaunch, and it's still there. I decide to repair permissions on the off chance it might fix the problem. It didn't. So I trashed the entire WoW folder, and reinstalled. After spending hours doing the reinstall and downloading patches, I launched WoW again. The vertical toolbar is still there. Short of formatting and reinstalling OSX, I have no idea what to do. I hope I've just made a stupid mistake, and there is a quick fix. Any help would be appreciated.

2. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

Is that bar the only thing that is there from cosmos? because it might be that its just the default setting for the standard blizzard set up since they added in the extra tool bars in 1.4 (I think Im at work right now :) ) Try going into your settings in wow and choose interface settings then see if the extra bar is checked.

Hope that helps

3. colocolo macrumors 6502

Go to interface options, and there you have a bunch ogf checkboxes one of which is enable right toolbar or something of the sorts. Uncheck it.

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Hehe, right. The vertical toolbar isn't from Cosmos, but is a setting from WoW itself. I'd try to turn this off first.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

bingo - it has nothing to do with cosmos at all.

I recommend Insomniax compilation, it is very good.

scem0

6. porovaara macrumors regular

I second Insomniax, takes a bit to get it set up, but far and away the best assortment of plugins with the least "bugs" of any other collection.

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Never touched Cosmos, as the interface upgrade gave me everything i wanted without the fun of messing up WOW.

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Oog....so bloated and overly complicated with tons of extra mods...some of the stuff is good, I'd find what I like and then delete the rest (the font that it changes everything to is *terrible*, and stuff like shardtracker is very situational...

I prefer gypsymod in combination with Atlas....extremely simple to use and very powerful. :)

9. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have been playing WoW on my Mac for about 1 year now (played in closed beta). Your problem is a very easy one, hope this helps.

Blizzard release a patch a few months back that allowed you to put more buttons on the screen, this has nothing to do with cosmos or any other UI's. To delete them go to your Interface Options and click them off. I have uploaded a few images showing you where to change them and how they look before and after, good luck.

By the way when you want to delete the UI just delete everything in your "Interface" folder in your WoW directory, you dont need to delete anything else.

Attached Files:

• 1wow.jpg
      1wow.jpg
      File size:
      135.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2wow.jpg
      2wow.jpg
      File size:
      130.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3wow.jpg
      3wow.jpg
      File size:
      148.6 KB
      Views:
  10. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

11. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have the 30" :)

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I agree. It takes a while to disable a lot of the things, and uninstall some of the things, but IMO it is worth it in the end. The compilation has some really good stuff in it. I think they should add Benecast thing (a healing/buffing addon that I can't live without).

scem0

13. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

MAN I ALSO NEED THE 30" CINEMA DISPLAY!!!

(Right, watch him turn round and say hes got a 40" or something ;) )