World of Warcraft-Cost?

Discussion in 'Games' started by job, Nov 30, 2003.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

I'm really excited about WoW. It might be the only game I would be willing to pay a monthly fee to play. Here's the question though, how much? So, how much would you guys be willing to pay for WoW? Honestly, I'm expecting $50 retail and maybe $20 a month.

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I agree with ur retail cost, but I think the monthly fee will be somewhere from 10-15 bucks.

3. Versello macrumors regular

Whoa, if it costs $20 a month then I'm sure a lot of people will be turned off. I expect it cost around $10-13; competetive with other online games.

4. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

posted this in another thread but I think it can be said here too

well I think its a good deal ( imo )

I like to play game but I do one of two things buy a game every 2 months for $50 a pop even lets say every 3 months thats $200 a year. for wow $55 + (11 * $12) = $187 (please note that if you sign up for more then a month you get it cheaper then $12 also note that its 11 months not 12 since you get a month for free)

so Im saving money to be able to have more fun IMO since Im playing with 1000s of people in a world I really like. I have a guild of friends already that will have their own guild hall in this "world" and it has a economy influanced by the players (for instance I plan on being a dwarven black smith) I know RPGs aren't everyones cup of tea but theres much more to do. You can for instance become a gladiator in an arena with a crowd of real people watching you fight monsters or other players.

The world will be constantly updated and will have "events" that will change the world depending on what the players do ex: a dragon attacks a town, players can attack the dragon together or the dragon destroys the town wiping it off the map

/rant

5. Golem macrumors 6502

Well Current highest is $15 a month? Considering it is probably going to be July 2004 before release at least probably $13-$15 and maybe even a little higher.

6. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

well it will probably be 12.99 but thats still cheaper ($198).
    12.99 is what most are running for and blizzard isn't SOE that will charge $15 a month for a alpha quality game.

also having a fee gets rid of some of the immature people that constantly say "**** NOOB, K THX" thats well worth the price just for that reason alone. imo of course

7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I doubt I will get WoW anytime soon, my iMac won't handle a game of that intensity, maybe when I get a G5 I might get it. But my parents would never let me pay a fee to play a game, it has to be free, I'll stay with War3, Starcraft, and Diablo.