World of Warcraft help please!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ScoobyDoofus, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ScoobyDoofus macrumors member

So I got my shiny new Macbook, upped the Ram, and Warcraft plays like a dream as long as I have the terrain distance set to low.

The only thing is, I can't work out how to autorun. In the options, under key bindings, it's set to "clear", but I can't seem to find the "clear" key...

I know I could just change the binding to something else, but I'd like to know what the "clear" key is anyway...

Also, under windows, if I want to get back to the desktop I used to press alt+tab. Is there a way to do this on a mac?

Thanks.

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

The clear key on my keyboard is right above the 7 on the keypad.

I believe it's command-M or option-M that changes WoW to window mode. I don't remember which one exactly, I quit wow months ago.

3. ScoobyDoofus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input, I have mapped it to a different key but I'd still like to know what the "clear" key is.

4. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

What kind of mac do you have??? Im looking into an imac 2.0 ghz wiht the ATI vidoe card so that it can play WoW.

5. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

It's either ctrl+6 or fn+6 (see the little "c" on the 6 key?).

And don't feel bad, it took me forever to figure that out on my Macbook as well!

6. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Yeah, it's much more obvious on the standard Mac keyboard with a num-pad. It appears to be fn+6 on my MacBook Pro.

7. ScoobyDoofus thread starter macrumors member

I have a 2ghz macbook, white, I ordered it with 512ram and a 60gb hard drive and upgraded it myself to 2gb ram and 120gb hard drive.

It plays WoW fine as long as you have the terrain distance set to low. Not ideal but perfectly usable. Slows down a little bit if there a loads of people round like in Stormwind or Ironforge, but nowhere near as bad as my old PC.

And as for the "clear" key, my 6 has a little cross in a box on it... is that it?