World of Warcraft install assistance

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jasonbot, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I have a US WoW but an EU BC. How can I install BC now, whenever I try it tells me that I dont have an EU WoW and I should just get lost...

Frikken blizzard, Can I use a friends WoW and my BC to install or will that make conflicting CD keys?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If you have US WoW you have to have US BC and US BC Key.

No way around it.

You can install WoW and BC as long as both are EU or both are US. But the version you install and use will have to be the same as the keys on your account. The keys are not tied to the discs, they are tied to the accounts. Using somebody elses discs to install is fine so long as they match the version your account is registered for.

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

So I can use EU install with US CD-key and then EU BC with EU cd key to istall then do a character transfer and all will be well?

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

No.

If you used a US CD Key for the original WoW you will need US discs to play it. You will then also need a US CD Key for BC and the US BC discs to play that. Substitute UK if that's what you started with.

You also cannot transfer from US servers to UK servers or UK servers to US servers.

There are 4 things you need:

CD key from a region for original WoW
    CD key from a region for BC WoW
    Copy of original WoW from a region
    Copy of BC WoW from a region

The region on all 4 of these things must be the same. Whatever region your original account was created with is what you need to use to continue playing.

5. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

:( This sucks... maybe If I complain hard enough someone @ blizzrd will just do it and I'll be able to play! It's actually for my brother so he'll be really pissed now!

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The WoW forum people have been complaining about both those things for a while now... I rarely complain in WoW mostly because I know somebody else is complaining about it already so I let them expend the energy and me enjoy the game.

7. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

WoW, that's awful! How did EU get into this USeless mess? :( :( :(

8. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Your word play dazzles me. When In the US last year my brother bought the game originally and now, when BC was released in South Africa, they decided to release the EU version :( This has caused my dilemma!