World of Warcraft Mac Guild

Discussion in 'Games' started by Turias, May 19, 2004.

1. Turias macrumors newbie

Hey! A bunch of us over at MacNN got into the World of Warcraft Beta and were thinking of starting up a guild called the Reservoir DogCows. Since there are barely 10 of us, I thought it would be good to recruit a few more people at some of the more intelligent Mac boards out there.

Are any of you interested? We were planning on meeting in Stormwind tomorrow night at around 9PM PST to sign the charter. Please post here with your WoW character if you would like to be a part of the guild and let me know if that time works for you.

Also, feel free to message me in-game. My character name is Thalduin.

Here's the original thread from MacNN:
    http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206187&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

4. Turias thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you in the beta? If not, you will probably have to wait until the open beta starts in a couple months.

If you do have a beta key, just post your character name here and tell me if you are available to meet in Stormwind tomorrow night.

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Where is stormwind exactly in the World of Warcraft?

6. Turias thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the main human city. So, this guild is starting off as Alliance only. Hence, your orc isn't going to do you any good. Sorry. But, if you want to start a human, gnome, night elf or dwarf, you're welcome to join us.

7. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    wish i were lucky enough to get a key *grumble grumble grumble*

8. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Turias, a bunch of us Mac Users created a warcraft 3 clan recently ( www.teamg5.com ) which we plan to expand into WoW in the near future. If you want, I'm sure we could incorporate you into our clan? We Currently have 35 W3 memberss and around 50-60 UT2K4 members, and as the W3 division is new it's just starting to really take off.

Thanks,

-John

9. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Anyone in th beta that wanst to join Guild MacRumors should meet in xroads at about 5 pacific time today...

11. Turias thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the offer, but our guild is now up and running! The Reservoir DogCows have about 13 members and are running strong. Anyone who is still interested in joining, let me know and I'll invite you when we are both online.

12. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

Glad to hear your guild is off the ground. It is likely that Team G5 will start a WoW guild when the game goes public, at that time we should get in touch, both being Mac guilds and all.

Good luck & happy gaming,
    Josh

13. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

14. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Is the beta out for mac

Yes i suck at internet finding...Is the beta even out for mac?

15. JasonL macrumors regular

As with other Blizzard offerings, the release dates are the same for PCs and Macs. Yes,the beta is up and running. Supposedly, the release is in the Fall :confused:

I'll be the first in line!

16. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

I'm sure the DogCows are up to more than this now, but it doesn't matter.

What does matter is that we build a strong Mac guild during beta so when we go retail we have a solid base to start from with knowledgeable people. So, with that in mind, I'd like to see if the DogCows and MacRumors could merge.

I'm not the guild leader of DogCows, but hopefully Turias will reply here and see if we can make this happen.

Of course, this is a moot point if MacRumors is a Horde guild. ;)

17. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

For some reason im not liking that word guild. Makes me think as everyone as tiny tiny people. AHHHHH go aWay!!!!!!!

18. Mercury macrumors regular

19. Turias thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I was out of town for the past week.

A merge? Are you an officer of the MacRumors guilld? Well, I don't think a merge is likely to happen. The Reservoir DogCows want to remain fairly unaffiliated with any one Macintosh site. This is why we didn't name outselves the MacNN guild and why we are currently putting together our own website with our own domain. We would like to be inclusive to a great number of Macintosh enthusiasts instead of focusing on the members of a single site.

So, that being said, if people here want to join the Reservoir DogCows, you would be more than welcome. But as far as changing our name or focus, I think we are pretty set and happy with how we are doing.

We have grown these past few weeks, so if there is anyone out there who is still interested in joining, either message me (Thalduin) or Fluke in-game and ask for an invite.

20. pxlshftr macrumors newbie

What hardware are you guys running WoW beta on? Would I be able to play the game on my 1.33 12 in pb?

21. Turias thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes.

That meets the minimum requirements of a 1GHz G4 or G5.

22. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I am the founder of guild macrumors....I welcome any merger, um is his a horde guild or a allience guild. FOR THE HORDE my sn is uglydudeii