World of Warcraft + Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Games' started by vraxtus, Aug 10, 2006.

1. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Hey guys long time since I've posted here.

Was looking at getting a 2.16 MBP to replace my old 1.8 G5, and was wondering if anyone's tried WoW on it and have any FPS benchmarks or experiences with it. Did a forum search but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

2. findnemo macrumors regular

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I don't personally have a MBP, but I have seen WoW played on a MBP and I can tell you it rocks. Even with all the settings on high you should be getting a minimum of about 20-25 fps, and I mean minimum in heavy scenes. Most of the time you'll be over 60 fps. I remember seeing a guy ride a horse though Stormwind getting a steady 65-75 fps, with all settings on high and all shader effects on. Now if you're driving a 30" ACD your frame rate may be a bit lower, but if you get a minimum of 1 GB of RAM, I don't think you'll have any complaints, honestly.

4. vraxtus thread starter macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Hmm doesn't sound too bad. I am running a dual display setup now on my 9800 and it lags to about 4FPS in window'd mode when I'm raiding. So I'm just hoping it won't be that bad.

Since I'm not gaming as heavily as I used to I'm looking at MBP as an alternative to the just released Mac Pros.

EDIT:

Nemo, which OC utility were you using? I'm not familiar with Omega Drivers but was using another ATI software overclocker before.