World of Warcraft Music Video : For the Horde

Discussion in 'Games' started by dizastor, Feb 8, 2005.

1. dizastor macrumors 6502a

dizastor

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I don't know why no one else has responded to this yet... that was excellent! The dance scenes were a riot. I have some questions about it now.... what kind of computer was it "filmed" on? And was the song made in GarageBand with the included loops/samples/etc or did you connect a keyboard to it and play some of that yourself?

Great work,
    Rob

3. dizastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

dizastor

The video was "filmed" on my trusty old AMD Athlon XP from 2 years ago... something I built to play EQ. Filmed on the PC for 2 reasons, I can turn all of the graphics up full blast with no noticeable framerate drop and I haven't found anything for the mac as easy to use as Fraps. Captured at 30fps 1024x768.

All of the video was then transferred to my Mac where I let Compressor turn it into something FCP would play nice with. I did a bunch of color correcting to give it a more dramatic look.

The intro (flyover) song is actually some in-game music, which cuts to our music exactly when you hear the "PvP Warning" sound. All of the loops are from GarageBand and the first Jam Pack with the exception of about 3 sounds from a Techno beats CD I bought. There are also a few "in game sounds" like the backsmith hammer, that had an echo added to it to make it more of a beat than a sound effect. Also, of course all of the voices were directly from the game, which we extracted using winMPQ. (Haven't seen a Mac based MPQ extractor yet)

It was a lot of fun to make, and to coreograph. Thanks Rob, appreciate the review.

4. Mantat macrumors 6502a

video file link is broken... :-(

You should think about puting a torrent link

seems like only the QT file have problems....

Saw the video (in WMA :-S) and its good! But as with all the video I have seen so far, you do the same mistake: have everything run at the same pace. Since you were using FCP, you could easely increase/slow the footage to put more drama in the scene. I really like the distance you put between the camera and the subject, always seemed to be at a nice range.

I am on a PvP server (DaggerSpine) and my plan would be to make a video of me and my friend guarding the entrance of the dead mine againts the Alliance. We will probably give it a try once we have done wailling cavern.

For the Horde!!!

5. dizastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

dizastor

All three quicktime links worked for me here at work... running Safari on 10.3.6

I'll check at home as well..

6. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Quicktime worked for me as well.

Video was ok, there was too much dancing, there was no fighting either. I have good raid and PVP footage that I took with snapz that I might edit and put together into a video someday, then everyone can watch it and tell me how much it sucks :D

Anyway, the music was nice, and the quality was good, I just found it kind of boring, and repeatative with all the dacing and all.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Thanks for the response. I thought all the dancing was great, and was well timed with the music. The music was impressive considering you did it all with the GarageBand premade loops/samples and game sounds. I never really played with GB when I had my iBook, but after messing around with it for about 15 minutes at CompUSA, I will definately give composing a song a try when my new iMac gets here next week.

To bad you had to film it on a PC, but fraps is a cool application. After I get a new machine I will check out the other videos from your(?) site... my current machine chokes on any almost video (OLLLLD PC... 333mhz celeron w/ 128mb RAM ;) ).

Again, great work, thanks for answering my questions.

Rob

8. robo74 macrumors 6502