world of warcraft on a mac mini

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ecodisk, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Ecodisk macrumors member

Ecodisk

Has anyone tried this? Does it run well? I'm wanting to make the switch, but I want to make sure the mac I get can run WoW decently.

2. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

Define decently.

I have a rev c powerbook 1.33ghz 5200go, and while i do enjoy wow on it, large raids and large cities, think IF and SW, are a lesson in patients. (This is all on the lowest settings 800x600 windowed)

On the other hand my wife plays wow, and her machine is a dual 2.0 with an x800xt. It looks amazing. She plays at 1280x1024 with medium settings and almost never goes <30fps in IF or large raids (expect when theres really bad server lag)

3. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I have the same powerbook as the guy before with 1.25 Gb of Ram and have no problems. Only lags up in big cities like IronForge...

4. Ecodisk thread starter macrumors member

Ecodisk

Dangit thats exactly what I don't want :( I want to be able to go into ogrimmar and just go do my bussines without haveing the comp make me shoot all over the place.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

wait until MWSF and see what comes out... if not look at an imac G5.... or a low end powermac

6. Ecodisk thread starter macrumors member

Ecodisk

Imac G5 is way too much I only have $600 at the most to spend on this new computer

7. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well, I hope they will announce a intel mac mini with 128mb vram and make it a media center, then WOW would play great!