World of Warcraft Please Release It!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jul 6, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I love Blizzard. They are by far the best gaming company in the industry. But i can not wait for this game to release. WoW looks like they finally got every thing right in the mmorpg world. One of the biggest differences is the timer. Bliizard said it will put a time limit one how many hours you can spend a day on XPing. I think they are looking around 4-5 hours. This is so people actually explore the game and not stay up for 48 hours straight just to keep gaining levels. There is SOOOOO much more to this game than XPing.

One other question for you mac peeps out there keeping current with www.blizzard.com , the current basic system requirements for mac is 64mb video card. Do you think new emac will run it on its ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card? Any help is appreciated.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

my friend has been telling me it is an excellent game, far exceeding his expectations. but since i wasnt interested in playing it i sold it on ebay for a pretty penny.

iJon

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Will there be a monthly fee? I'm sure there wil be. I don't remember if this was discussed in these forums or not. I wish it were free just like warcraft 3, although this game is going to be totally different.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yes there will be, and if i remember right it will be close to 15 a month, but that is just scraping the top of my head. i would ask tomorrow but someone will already know the exact answer by then.

iJon

5. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

it won't be out until september. it'll be closer to 12-13 a month.

6. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

The system requirements for WoW will be dropping when optimizations are complete. The processor requirement should drop to around 933MHz and the vram will drop to 32MB.

A new Emac will definitely run it. Someone on these forums said it runs fairly well on a dual 500MHz G4 with a radeon 7000...

I can't wait for WoW, either. It looks amazing...

7. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Ebay has World of Warcraft

Just went looking on ebay and they have World of Warcraft phase 3 beta accounts for sale. Usually most were between 200-300 dollars. Do you think this is fair price? I know i would no pay that much for a beta version knowing in the next few months I would have to buy the retail version for another 50 dollars. Please tell me your opinion.

8. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Although Wow is very far ahead of any other type of similar game a lot of things havent been implemented in the game yet and need to be tested and tweaked. It feels like a finished product but it stills needs like 2 or three pushes to have everything implemented and up to go

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Wow, 7000, huh? There may be hope for me yet...

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i would wait cause soon blizzard will have an open beta. it is a fair price though i think, as soon as i got my acceptance letter into phase 3 i sold it for 320 dollars.

iJon

11. Golem macrumors 6502

Well its very fair when you consider Blizzard could sue them for doing so. But other than that its basically whatever the market will pay for something that will have almost no value in 6 months. If someone gets scammed they have no comeback either.

"Hey blizzard we brought this beta account and now its been stolen."

Blizzard :-"Thank you for telling us,we have cancelled that account"

While wow seems quite polished it is a long way from being ready. Best hope for a open beta sometime this year.

12. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Hey i PMed you with a proposition

13. rogerson123 macrumors newbie

WOW on new mac mini??

hi i really want to get wow and a new 1.4Ghz mac mini. i will max out the ram to 1Gb, do you think it will play ok?they have the same video cards as an emac Ati radeon 9200.
    will the extra 200mhz processor speed make an extra difference in performance over an emac?
    thanks, will

14. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Should play fine, I have a friend running it on a 1.25 powerbook and he's happy with it.

15. Jeegan macrumors newbie

What resolution was your friend running it in? Also, do you know how the video settings were set, like everything turned up all the way or in the middle or all the way down? I am asking because I am interested in one of the new mini's but only if I can play WoW and some other stuff on it. Anyway, if you could find any of that out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

16. rogerson123 macrumors newbie

i am just worried about the 32mb video card. will the 1gb of ram make u for it.
    i think the powerbook has a 64mb video card so it probably runs better, hoow much ram did he have?
    1.42Ghz mini????will it be ok?

17. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

With a 32MB 9200, you're looking at everything on lowest graphics at around 800x600 to get playable frame rates.

18. rogerson123 macrumors newbie

when you say playable, will it basically be rubbish?
    thanks

19. Bigheadache macrumors 6502

i consider playing any game at 800x600 (unless you are on a 15inch screen)to be rubbish no matter what the fps is.

20. rogerson123 macrumors newbie

hi, yeah i will be playing on a 15"apple lcd monitor?
    is it worth getting if it will play that badly?