World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by DrStrangelove, Apr 21, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Just saw that this will be available in 10/06.

I know nothing about it other than a couple of paragraphs about the "experience." Was curious if any of you know is this expansion pack for those that have "worn out" the game already and need new lands/adventures or should even a new user get more out of the game with the purchase of this product?

They say there are new races? Wonder if they can be used in the original world?

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I haven't been following the expansion lately, so some of this could have been changed:

* Two new player races, the Blood Elves (Horde) and a-yet-unknown Alliance race.
    * An entirely new area/zones to adventure in, unqiue to expansion owners.
    * Flying mounts in the new zones
    * Level cap raised to 70
    * New tradeskills, something to do with gems
    * Socketted items (think Diablo) which requires the gem tradeskill

Uuum, that's all I can think of. The WoW site has a sub-page on the Burning Crusade w/ screenshots.

If you're an existing player without the expansion you'll still be capped at 60, obviously can't enter the new zones, and won't be able to select the new races. You will be able to interact (ie. play with) those new races from those who do have the expansion.

Aside from the two new races, the expansion (to me) seems entirely focused on end-game content. I don't believe the new zones -- beyond the starter zones -- will be 'newbie friendly.'

3. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

It wouldn't make sense for them not to be. Players in the new races will need places to level just as do those for the old races. Clearly, all players will see a major upgrade even if you do not purchase the expansion.

4. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Good point.

5. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

Also, I wouldn't expect much of an upgrade charge. After all, the main purpose of the upgrade is to suck you in (and your subscription fees) for another n months/years.

Personally, I can't wait. I enjoyed leveling more than the 60 end-game zones (although I don't feel like developing another character from scratch).

6. DrStrangelove thread starter macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

You can reserve an early copy for $39.99. That ain't the $49.99 of the original but it ain't cheap.

7. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

There's no way Amazon knows the release date and cost. They are just putting it up there without any hard facts so that they can secure your money now for a future product.

There is no release date, nor is there a price set for the expansion.

8. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Facts for the win:
    From http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/faq.html

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Not sure if you knew this (you probably did), but expansion pack owners can level any class up to 70, so no need to start from scratch. Going from 60-70 should be fun enough...

10. Ayre macrumors member

I'm personally worried about the 70 level cap. We know how quickly someone can go from 1-60... how quickly will it be before players get from 60 to 70?