World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Games' started by WarEagle, Oct 3, 2006.

1. WarEagle macrumors member

I searched the forums and I couldnt find what I needed to know. I am looking to play World of Warcraft. I have never played before and I need to buy it. I just got a Macbook, and I have a PC that was built a few years ago for gaming. I would like to play Warcraft on both. On Blizzards website they have a hybrid PC/Mac CD for 20bucks. I went to the Apple site and they are selling Wow for 50bucks. I am new to the world of Apple so I am not sure what is the dif. Am I missing something? The hybrid sounds great, be able to play on my PC and also my Mac under OSX. Can someone help me?
    WDE

2. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

All Blizzard software is hybrid, so you wont have any problems running it under Mac OSX or Windows XP.

And one last thing, all of the sofware on the Apple store is a little overpriced ;)

3. WarEagle thread starter macrumors member

So if I went to Best Buy and got Wow I could load it on my PC and Macbook? And it should be less then the Apple store..like closer to the 20bucks and not 50bucks.

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

The PC and OS X installers are on the same disks, so yes, you can go buy any copy of WoW and put it on any computer you want. I'm not sure about the price of WoW, but when I got it was $30 at Best Buy and then shot back up to $50 a few months later. I'm guessing it's going to be around $30 now though with the expansion coming up in the next few months.

5. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I bought a copy at K-Mart for $AU23.50 and it works perfectly, no problems.

Most places on the net sell Blizzard software are "PC Software" and forget about us Mac users.

And if you have a MacBook with bootcamp no problems at all, you can have it in Mac OSX or Windows XP.

6. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

The price was dropped very recently, so not all stores have it yet. GameStop and EB Games have it for sure.

Daniel.