World rally star Richard Burns dies

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Nov 26, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Very sad news... :( Englands first and only World Rally Champion and on the 4th anniversary of his WDC too. :(

Link

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Truly sad.

One of the most entertaining characters to watch, and listen to, since I started really watching WRC in 1999. I loved his young attitude at the time, and how he tried new things to the point were it got him attention, and won many events.

Truely a loss that I will feel, and will relate to the level of loosing Mark Lovel and Roger Freeman. Two members of the Rally community that I have had the honor of meeting, and talking to.

:(

3. croshtique macrumors 6502

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Very sad; a young man with a lot of life ahead of him had it not been for that tumour.

In the light of the press saturation about George Best, I wonder how much coverage this will receive. I, for one, feel this death far more sad and wasteful.

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Agreed.

I have devoted the top story of my homepage to this announcement, and linked to the page that iGav has proved us a link to. Many of use in the Minnesota USA Rally fan / worker community loved and respected Richard Burns style.

This is a sad day for me, even though I never met the man.

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Thats a real shame, I used to watch him on some of the Welsh stages with my Brother-in-law, I'm always amazed at what a talented man in an overpowered car can achieve on a loose road surface...

RIP Richard Burns.

7. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I couldn't agree more. Someone at the peak of their career and not someone who died long ago at the bottom of a bottle.

8. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I sometimes wish he was still out there then perhaps loeb wouldn't be winning everything,

RIP Richard Burns

9. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Just seen this on BBC. That is really sad. RIP Richard. Seems horrible to be saying RIP twice in two days.

:(