World Series gets 3rd Lowest Ratings Ever... I know why

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Ok if you look at the following story
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...e=5&u=/ap/20031027/ap_en_bu/bbo_ws_tv_ratings

its pretty clear that almost nobody cared about the last few games of the october classic which leads me to wonder and speculate. If the game had been Cubs v Red Sox what numbers would be be seeing? Highest ratings of all time?#3 Highest ratings...

Just to give you an idea when the cubs playede game 6 against the marlins I remember a 61 share in chicago land which is huge, When the Red Sox played game 7, a 72 Share in boston which nearly estimate that most TV's were tuned into the game...well as most cubs fans are used to maybe next year...

2. jamesatzones macrumors regular

I would have watched Boston and Chicago but I am tired of seeing the Yanks in the series... I guess it may be that I am a Mariners fan and the M's sucked the last few months of the season. Time to watch football...

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not at all suprised to read of those ratings. It appears that the Yankees are already trying to position themselves for '04. The Red Sox Fans like the Cubs Fans say, there is always next year. I think that the series ended at Game 6 just because of poor ratings.