Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
I checked the members list and "madamimadam" is not taken any more.... I am going to try to switch my name... if I can.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen
I checked the members list and "madamimadam" is not taken any more.... I am going to try to switch my name... if I can.

arn should be able to help you out with that.

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by alex_ant

What the hell does Jello's Hot Srule mean anyways? :)

when i was at university it was very popular to make vodka jelly (jello to americans)

tasted good and went down a treat. you could do several shots in a few minutes. lethal.

i_b_joshua

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

arn should be able to help you out with that.

Yeah... i have written him a personal message and I am just waiting for him to respond to it

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by i_b_joshua

when i was at university it was very popular to make vodka jelly (jello to americans)

tasted good and went down a treat. you could do several shots in a few minutes. lethal.

i_b_joshua

AAAHHHH.... jelly shots are such a great Australian tradition.

Did you ever get into Goon of Fortune?

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen

AAAHHHH.... jelly shots are such a great Australian tradition.

Did you ever get into Goon of Fortune?

nah, never heard of it. the only drinking games i like are the ones where everyone drinks at the same pace. i'm not very sadistic, i guess.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by i_b_joshua

nah, never heard of it. the only drinking games i like are the ones where everyone drinks at the same pace. i'm not very sadistic, i guess.

Oh, you have missed out on a great Australian tradition. I do not play these days because I HATE goon but it is fantastic fun.

Basically, you tie a goon cask (or just the pillow) to a good ol' aussie Hills Hoist (for those who are not from Oz, a Hills Hoist is the traditional Aussie clothes line that rotates on a centralised pole); sit in a group around the line; spin the Hills and who ever the goon is closest to when it stops has to scull some.

:) :) :)

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
WOOHOO... the big man himself has fixed the problem
:)

<homer simpson childish voice>My name's a palindrome</homer simpson childish voice>

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by madamimadam
WOOHOO... the big man himself has fixed the problem
:)

<homer simpson childish voice>My name's a palindrome</homer simpson childish voice>

sweetness. now no one has to try to figure out what the heck tim allen is... and thinking about home improvement and all that... ha

Griffindor73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
Brighton, England
Well, its nice to see this post got a few people thinking, although there were a 'few' off-topic replies out there!:)

I do find views such as MacRumorSkeptic's seem like someone burying their head in the sand- I think issues such as the World Summit and the things it is trying to address too important to brush aside in such a dismissive manner.

By the way, who is Rush Limbaugh? Never heard of him in the UK (which actually sounds like a good thing...)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by Griffindor73
Well, its nice to see this post got a few people thinking, although there were a 'few' off-topic replies out there!:)

I do find views such as MacRumorSkeptic's seem like someone burying their head in the sand- I think issues such as the World Summit and the things it is trying to address too important to brush aside in such a dismissive manner.

By the way, who is Rush Limbaugh? Never heard of him in the UK (which actually sounds like a good thing...)

Lucky, lucky bastard:D...do a google search and you'll have all the info you need.

Griffindor73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2002
Brighton, England
Oh my God, I have just been to his website, or webshite. What a load of rubbish!
Total unreasoned political rant with fly-of-the-handle opinions backed up with little or no evidence or thought. I feel sorry for you guys- you can keep the bloke and just make sure he never tries to come over here. Thanks!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
heres what I do...

I go to school in the day, go on my iBook sometimes at night. I always have it plugged into my AC outlet. When I'm done I put it to sleep with the AC still plugged in, then I put it on my shelf. I use it other times besides at nioght but I always have it charged because you never know when you need to unplug and GO! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.