World Wide Power Kit

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jimmieboy, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Oct 30, 2005
    Just having a browse on the apple website and I was looking at the world wide power adapter kit. It says that it's compatible with the macbook pro but doesn't say anything about the macbook. Anyway used this with a macbook?
  2. sturigdson macrumors regular

Apr 3, 2006
    Hey Jimmieboy-

We have the power adapter kit, but no macbook [I have a MBP and an iBook].

The power adapter kit is a series of prong adapters that fit onto the power brick of the MB, where you can add the power extension cord. They fit every white portable power brick system. They work on my MBP, and I'm sure they work on the MB. Likely just an error on the website.
  3. ftaok macrumors 601

Jan 23, 2002
    East Coast
    Honestly, the Apple kit is a rip-off. US$50 for a bunch of adapters is a joke. OK, so they fit perfectly with Apple's power bricks, but that's just too much money.

Provided that the power brick (yes, that's the technical term ;)) is a 50-60Hz, 100-240V transformer, then all you need are the appropriate prong adapters. Go to a Radio Shack (or the Aussie equivalent) and buy the proper adapters (about US$3 each) for the countries you'd be visiting.

Or you could pay more for the Apple kit and have a matching set. Nothing wrong with paying more to have matching stuff, but if you don't care, go for the cheaper stuff.