Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
When Brock Lesnar couldn't cut it in the UFC I no longer take any of those fakes seriously. I love "The Rock" as a actor but put him in the ring with a real UFC fighter that looks average I'm putting my money on the UFC fighter.

I don't care about how "real" the fights are. I watched WWE for the entertainment.

UFC: Two guys rolling around in a ball on the floor, punching each other in the head for five minutes.

WWE: Two guys, or potentially twenty guys, doing backflips off the ropes, bodyslamming, etc, with a backdrop of allegiances and betrayals.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I've never seen so many pretentious people in one thread. Are your panties in a twist because a Downton Abbey app hasn't launched yet?

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
I for one think this could be the future of programming. A brand cutting out the cable company and pushing out content themselves. What happens if HBO does this for $ 5 a month?

As far as everyone comments, when I was a kid and teen I loved to watch wrestling. I still check it out from time to time. I know its not "real" in the sense that its pre determined, scripted, etc. But to anyone who says a fall off a cage from 25-30 feet up on a table won't hurt you are crazy. I dare you to do that onto a mattress.Even though it is controlled, accidents happen. And as far as Brock Lesnar not making it in UFC you do realize that he had an intestinal disease that forced him to quit? Once again, I dare you step inside a cage with him one on one. I am pretty sure you would not want any part of that. Some of the comments people make just make me shake my head

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I think Apple should get rid of all that primitive entertainment, clean up the iTunes store and install more sophisticated channels like "The Micronesian Opera Channel" or "Exploring the Time Measures of the Masters of Mid-70s Jazz Fusion in 11/16".

Seriously, if Apple wants to get a foot in the door with the TV business, they will need to appeal to a crowd as large as possible. They already have left the "we're the artsy underdog of the IT world" ages ago with iTunes, iPod, iPhone and iPad.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Numbers receive punctuation to let readers identify what the numbers represent:

(212) 555-1212 is used to identify phone numbers,
11/12/13 is used to identify dates,
$14.95 is used to identify money,
Numbers with periods identifies IP addresses.

Using IP address punctuation in an attempt to identify a date confuses people, and is used by pseudo creatives in an attempt to distinguish themselves. Well, it does just that. It makes them look like a distinguished idiot. It's called the dumbing down of America.

In (a different part of) America, 1,00 may be used for money.

Last edited:

FoxMcCloud

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Redcar, England
I don't care about how "real" the fights are. I watched WWE for the entertainment.

UFC: Two guys rolling around in a ball on the floor, punching each other in the head for five minutes.

WWE: Two guys, or potentially twenty guys, doing backflips off the ropes, bodyslamming, etc, with a backdrop of allegiances and betrayals.

I whole heartedly agree. UFC is just a bit too boring and homoerotic for me. Don't watch WWE often anymore but would much prefer to have it on demand since I don't pay for sports channels.

I reckon apple will do an a la carte type affair soon, where you pick and choose what services you want and they get discount and become 1 bill. Perhaps even an amalgamated TV, Movies and Sports section so you don't have to go in to each app. The channels just add to the content.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
How he does fake movements after he punches, the hair moving...late reaction to being hit with the chair, over 20 fake punches, fall to a tested and very safe platform that absorbs the fall...

it was so painful to watch i lost so many brain cells. I have to leave this blog post or I will very shortly become a vegetable

Ahh...

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Sorry I sometimes use odd verbiage.
Not at all... The distinction is between intellect (intelligence) and knowledge (the opposite of ignorance).

Personally I know plenty of people of standard and above intelligence who remain ignorant (and plenty of well informed people who aren't that bright) but that's beside the point.

I enjoy a sentence that makes me think about the world for a second.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Half the people whining about WWE in this thread would probably squeal with glee if Apple added a My Little Pony channel.

It boggles my mind how many people pay to watch movies even though the stunts are fake!

It's called "suspension of disbelief". Even during the days when I watched RAW every week, I knew it was fake, but I enjoyed the entertainment value of it.
ahh

Last edited:

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I think MacRumors pushed this story just to show the annoying date format.

You mean, the US standard for a date? On a US based site? Catering to a majority of US users? Posted by a US corporation? Which also caters to a majority of US customers?

HOW DARE THEY!

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
People that are ragging on WWE for being "fake" are the ones with a completely wrong perspective on the show. Sure, there are still some people who believe that it is real (mainly little kids and mentally handicapped people), but I would say 90% of WWE's audience knows it's fake.

Fake is a subjective term anyways, these guys are some of the best athletes in the world, and some of the stunts such as jumping off 20 foot ladders and cages into tables set on fire can't be faked.

WWE is just a male soap opera that centers around athletic theatrics. So what? Every other show besides sports on television are scripted and fall under the same category as "fake".

WorldTravelBro

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
Comparing WWF to movies lol.

WWF advertises itself as a real fight. Its like going to the movies and saying paranormal activities was shot in real time and that it is real footage.

WWF advertises itself as real. I wish this app never gets added. Many people including myself will rage quit apple products because of this.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Comparing WWF to movies lol.

WWF advertises itself as a real fight. Its like going to the movies and saying paranormal activities was shot in real time and that it is real footage.

WWF advertises itself as real. I wish this app never gets added. Many people including myself will rage quit apple products because of this.

It doesn't advertise as specifically "real". How do you want their advertisements to go?

"COME BUY OUR PAY-PER-VIEW WHERE YOU CAN WATCH ALL THE FAKE ACTION YOU WANT. JOHN CENA WHO ISN'T A REAL FIGHTER IS GOING TO BRAWL BUT NOT REALLY BRAWL SINCE WE'RE FAKE AGAINST THE ROCK WHO IS ALSO A FAKE FIGHTER!"

Of course not.

WorldTravelBro

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
It doesn't advertise as specifically "real". How do you want their advertisements to go?

"COME BUY OUR PAY-PER-VIEW WHERE YOU CAN WATCH ALL THE FAKE ACTION YOU WANT. JOHN CENA WHO ISN'T A REAL FIGHTER IS GOING TO BRAWL BUT NOT REALLY BRAWL SINCE WE'RE FAKE AGAINST THE ROCK WHO IS ALSO A FAKE FIGHTER!"

Of course not.

That is exactly how they should announce it. I am surprised they haven't gotten any false advertising lawsuits. There are several types of false and misleading advertising tactics used by WWE wrestling to lure in unsuspecting (kids and handicapped) viewers. The US State and federal laws are in place to protect consumers from false or misleading advertising. These laws make deceptive claims illegal.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
That is exactly how they should announce it. I am surprised they haven't gotten any false advertising lawsuits. There are several types of false and misleading advertising tactics used by WWE wrestling to lure in unsuspecting (kids and handicapped) viewers. The US State and federal laws are in place to protect consumers from false or misleading advertising. These laws make deceptive claims illegal.

You've got to be kidding me. Virtually everyone save for small children know it's fake (and even then, a lot of them know it's fake). Should mall santas also be advertised as "COME VISIT FAKE SANTA CLAUS CHILDREN!" since that's false advertising to kids too?

Kids get hurt doing all sorts of stupid stuff, WWE should be one of the least concerns of a parent if they discover their children are into it. Especially today's WWE where there's little to no blood, use of household items as weapons, and the storylines being incredibly tame and PG.

WorldTravelBro

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
You've got to be kidding me. Virtually everyone save for small children know it's fake (and even then, a lot of them know it's fake). Should mall santas also be advertised as "COME VISIT FAKE SANTA CLAUS CHILDREN!" since that's false advertising to kids too?

Kids get hurt doing all sorts of stupid stuff, WWE should be one of the least concerns of a parent if they discover their children are into it. Especially today's WWE where there's little to no blood, use of household items as weapons, and the storylines being incredibly tame and PG.

Do you have proof that santa is fake?

----------

I don't want to get banned lol.

I will stop now and I have to say The rock is so sexy (no homo) but I would grab his butt cheeks while kissing the tongue on his chest tattoo.

wwe_the_rock_custom_wwe__13_cover_by_masterextremehd-d5ashth.png

no homo

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
yay i love watching fake wrestling :rolleyes:

Anything you watch on TV or in the theaters is fake. What's your point?

Apple users have to fight the stereotype that they think they're better than other computer users. This thread does nothing to end the stereotype.

Exactly. What a bunch of douchebags. I haven't watched wrestling since I was like 10 but I'll stick up for it. It gets too much hate.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
WWE or WFE whatever its called is so fake. The people that think it is real have a very low iq. Its so obvious in so many ways.

I lose brain cells just thinking of the people that think wresting is real.

Who? Five year olds?

I lose brain cells thinking of the people who think that there's people who think wrestling is real.

Calm down Michael peterschmidt

I'm just LIVID right now! :mad::mad::mad:

;)

----------

I lose brain cells when I hear people like you think that people still think wrestling is real.

Darn, you beat me. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.