WorldBook Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by latergator116, Jun 2, 2004.

1. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

So yesterdy I am about to start a research paper on the Bubonic plague and I open WorldBook encyclopedia. It bounces a few times and then comes up with this message: "WordBook has unexpectedly quit. Would you like to submit a bug report to apple?". I clicked cancel and tried opening it again... no luck. After restarting the computer and repairing permissions, I try again, but still, it does not open. I decide to do a archive and install of OS X (the computer has been acting slugish lately anyway) but when it finishes, OS X decides to chagnge my login password so I can't login. After spending a few hours figuring that out, I think to myself "WorldBook has to launch now", but when I click on it, the same error cames up.

I then decide to do a software restore, so I trash worldbook and everything worldbook related (i.e.preferences) and do a restore which specifically states it will install worldbook. After finishing the install, I still get the same error. I am totally cluless as to what can be causing this. Any help? Thanks.

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

3. latergator116 thread starter macrumors 68000

latergator116

Thanks! I didn't realize this was a known problem...