World's dumbest criminal. Seriously.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Linky.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Might he get away with not being charged w/ 1st-degree murder?...after all, if it was pre-meditated, you would think he would've got supplies (ie trash bags etc) before the fact...

3. KiDrOck80 macrumors member

KiDrOck80

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hopefully the state will remove him from the gene pool.

5. DarkSilver2 macrumors member

Could have been worse - he could have been pushing the body around in a shopping cart. Still, that IS pretty dumb. Unfortunately, with today's prison system, he'll probably be out on parole within 10 years.

6. macsrus macrumors 6502

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i read that the other day its amazing, he even paid witha bloody 100 dollar bill

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If criminals didn't do something stupid or make a mistake often they wouldn't get caught. It's that greed that gets them into trouble. :eek:

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I've read wayyy dumber. I remember reading about this one guy in Maine that tried robbing a quickie-store of some sort. He banged into something knocking it over, fell, tripped over something else, and eventually knocked himself out for a while...all on camera.

But both stories get an "0wn8ge" rating. :D

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

actually....

he might have an insanity defense to go on here. If he can't understand the meaning of his actions, he is not legally responisble. DO sane people walk into wal-mart like nothing happened?

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well he was smart enough to know what to do with the body after he killed him/her, but he just wasn't smart enough to get everything from Walmart beforehand.

12. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

i dont think tht compares to the lady with the fake 1000 dollar bill with a deeformed statue of liberty on it who tryed to buy $200 worth of stuff at wal-mart with it :rolleyes:

13. pinto32 macrumors 6502

If he gets the death penalty, I think this could qualify him for a Darwin Award

14. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Citizens Arrest

I can't believe no one stopped him from shopping or making the purchases. Doesn't anyone step up to the plate? I called the police and now it is over. What if he went on to kill some one else after the shopping excursion?

15. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I was recently at a Rite-Aid purchasing a large amount of medical and first aid supplies. My dog cut his ear on a fence and I was in need of much bandgae material to patch him up.
    When I got to the checkout, they looked at my collection of gauze, antibiotic ointment, wraps, etc and told me to see the manager. I had to provide a copy of my photo id, and a thumb print in order to complete my purchase. It was a police reauest, for those that may be involved in a crime that do not seek hospital care.

Go figure. I am buying $45.00 worth of bandages and get the third degree, yet a bloody man gets to buy garbage bags at Wal Mart.

At least he got caught.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I have faith in the depths to which human stupidity can sink.

Basically I think there will be somebody that'll come along and make this guy look like a sane member of Mensa.

17. goodwill macrumors regular

with the way our justice system works, i can almost bet that he will be given a 3 life sentences without parole and two weeks later he'll be on parole and then he'll miss his first parole officers appointment. then thrown back in jail for 5 life sentences and then paroled in 36 hours.

haha. im kidding, but sometimes, goodness, i like to make myself chuckle

18. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Wow!!! I live here and I didn't even hear about this! Leave it to MacRumors...

I live about 5 mins away from that Wal-Mart

19. Redboy macrumors member

Typically all the pre-meditation you need to be guilty of first degree murder is enough to understand that in the instant that your actions will cause the death of someone else. The difference between 1st and 2nd degree can often be a matter of 1 or 2 seconds to consider the weight of what you are about to do.