Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cabrown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Sleep Pulse 2 with watchOS 2 makes the first sleep tracker for Apple Watch even better by putting your watch to work while you sleep — tracking your motion, heart rate and nightly steps to give you the best picture of your sleep.

firstiOSWatch.png iosstatsSP.png

With Apple Watch's gorgeous screen, view your sleep from your watch right when you wake and sync with your iPhone for a detailed analysis. Use watch complications to see your sleep progress and use the glance to view last night's sleep at anytime from your wrist.
spMotionWatch.png spHeartWatch.png
iosTrendsSP.png

Track sleep trends from your wrist or phone.

sleepPulseiOS.png

View your sleep motion and heart rate for the best picture of your sleep.

Download Here

Attachments

• watchIntro.png
    watchIntro.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

sjones0812

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
Boston
If you give out more codes please put me on the list. I had been using Fitbit sleep tracking for years and miss that feature.

Would be happy to test for you.

Reactions: AreYouIn?

Cdm09

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015
Australia
Has anyone tried the app? Does it actually work decent? I missed the code but still interested.
Yes I bought it yesterday and tried to use it last night but was unsuccessful.
I didn't read instructions correctly.
I will try again tonight and report back.

cabrown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
If anyone does have any issues or troubles with the app, please do let me know, I want it to work for everyone.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
If anyone does have any issues or troubles with the app, please do let me know, I want it to work for everyone.

I downloaded it last night and when I got into bed I activated the app and pressed sleep, and it showed the sleep start time on the watch. This morning I woke up and pressed awake and it showed my awake time. Then the save button came up and I pressed several times and nothing happened, restarted the app on the phone and the save button never came back up on the watch.

Also, I don't think the watch even did anything over night because when I swipe through the 3 other screens after the main sleep/wake screen, the 2nd screen just stays solid black so no clue what the screen is supposed to show, and the 3rd and 4th screen that display the stats are all at zero. So I guess the watch app even though shows I went to bed at 11:40 last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning it didn't track anything? Disappointed with the first try :-( The iPhone app also shows no date, and the health app shows no data either

Last edited:

cabrown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
I downloaded it last night and when I got into bed I activated the app and pressed sleep, and it showed the sleep start time on the watch. This morning I woke up and pressed awake and it showed my awake time. Then the save button came up and I pressed several times and nothing happened, restarted the app on the phone and the save button never came back up on the watch.

Also, I don't think the watch even did anything over night because when I swipe through the 3 other screens after the main sleep/wake screen, the 2nd screen just stays solid black so no clue what the screen is supposed to show, and the 3rd and 4th screen that display the stats are all at zero. So I guess the watch app even though shows I went to bed at 11:40 last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning it didn't track anything? Disappointed with the first try :-( The iPhone app also shows no date, and the health app shows no data either

I am sorry for the trouble, was any error message displayed on the iPhone or Watch side when you pressed 'save', was the iPhone app launched as well? Can you confirm Heart Rate access was enabled through Health? I understand its not the most attractive thing to do, to have to send the data to the iPhone, however it was the best I could do based on the limitations Apple has posed for developers for watchOS 1. The fact the Health app shows no data tells me something actually might be happening on Apple's side, because the watch should of taken your heart rate nonetheless. However, I want to get this working for you, we can continue here to work it out, direct message me, or email me at 2032appcontact@gmail.com.

Cdm09

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015
Australia
So I was able to successfully use the Sleep pulse app last night.

My original issues were entirely user error. trying to work out how to use the app while laying in bed ready for sleep is not the ideal way to start using this app

After reading the instructions correctly this time, it was easy to put the app into sleep mode and to wake it up in the morning. The App provides trends, which do not work obviously after only one night. I will report back on this in a week or so.

Some may question the cost of the app, however it did not stop me from purchasing as I am trying to find my best number of hours asleep. When it comes to my health, money is only a small issue.

Overall i am very happy with the App, (and the support offered) although the proof will be when I have a week or so worth of data to process.

Reactions: OddyOh

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
No error messages ar all, so yeah I must be doing something wrong lol, even this morning when I woke up, I pressed WAKE on the watch then the save button comes up, I thien swipe up on my iPhone home screen on the icon for the app, but when the app tries to load it has the big circle with red around it and it just stays there on that screen, then after about a minute the watch crashes the app and it looses all data I guess (The app still shows all zeros for everything once I re open it) and nothing seems to feed to the Health app because under sleep tracking it shows no Data even though all the settings show set to recieve it.

I am running the public beta of iOS9 so I am not sure if the app just cant work with iOS9 yet?

Last edited:

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I am sorry for the trouble, was any error message displayed on the iPhone or Watch side when you pressed 'save', was the iPhone app launched as well? Can you confirm Heart Rate access was enabled through Health? I understand its not the most attractive thing to do, to have to send the data to the iPhone, however it was the best I could do based on the limitations Apple has posed for developers for watchOS 1. The fact the Health app shows no data tells me something actually might be happening on Apple's side, because the watch should of taken your heart rate nonetheless. However, I want to get this working for you, we can continue here to work it out, direct message me, or email me at 2032appcontact@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to send me the video also, Yeah I seem to have it all set with how the video is, Like I said maybe it comes down to the app doesnt play nice with iOS9 just yet :) I think maybe thats why the sleep app itself keeps locking but yeah the watch is not sending any data to the health app, My health app under sleep is still blank to. My phone is right next to the bed on my night stand, so I am not sure why the watch is not atleast sending data to the Health App.

Last edited:

sjones0812

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
Boston
I have tried 3 nights in a row...and cannot get it to sync data.

Even time I open the app on the phone I see the watch try to save and the iPhone app crashes.

I have restarted both my phone and watch.

IOS beta 3 and watch OS 1.0.1

cabrown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
It seems so far that Sleep Pulse will NOT work with iOS 9 Beta, which I have not tested yet. The method which the watch sends data to the iPhone must have of changed.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.