worldwide xbox360 launch in november ... coming pretty fast for MS ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, Sep 6, 2005.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i don't know but if microsoft doesn't really get their stuff together soon it's gonna get close with launching as planned

anybody who can estimate how long it would take to produce 'enough' units for such a launch ? ... we have the 6th september now and recent presentations of the 360 still have been miles away from a final product:
    bad kameo performance showed at games convention even without anti-aliasing and not so good looks as on the screenshots
    and now on the IFA more of the same: choppy gears of war demo movie running from DVD

how much time do they have untill they have to start producing he units ?2 months ? 1,5 ?

2. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Final developer kits arrived on friday the 2nd. That means that the final units are already in production.

I think there are three factories making 360's, and I'd expect all three to be at full scale within the week.

3. Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    Microsoft & Xbox topics should be banned from this site. Does anyone really want to profess to using an Xbox? Ewe - Ickey!

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

there are limits though, i think. i think you can only buy 1 Xbox 360 per household at the moment. its all cloudy and somebody will know what im on about.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i know the feeling. but the interweb isn't communist or that other thing that restricts stuff. yea!

6. Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    It should be! lol

7. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Then move to China.

8. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

What is wrong with using an xbox? Just because its made by Microsoft, that doesn't mean a mac user shouldn't use one. I have gotten so much more use out of my xbox than my ps2, which I sold (the PS2) after not really ever using it. I am very much looking forward to the 360.

9. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

It's because some people are horrible victims of marketing/fanboyism and they like to be lemmings.

*Zombie Voice*: Microsoft is evil, Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ.....

10. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

And maybe ban, say, Office discussions too in the same swipe? I mean, it's a Microsoft product too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is sure coming fast. I bet there'll be a shortage of units pretty quickly (assuming it sells well).
    Not so sure that I'll buy one as soon as they come out since, while I haven't had many issues with my v1.0 Xbox1, Microsoft seems to be in a hurry with this one, and that makes me fear that the first revisions will end up having some issues.

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Damn, the newbie is right. Why the hell are we talking about <whispers quietly> "Microsoft.' :rolleyes:

jon

12. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Argg I was so gonna say that!!!

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i rather liked my time in China.

i see that the Xbox360 will turn into the Dreamcast. people forget that the DC is on par with the current gen of consoles. only now its forgotten about. but its too much a cliché now, comparing the 360 with the DC.

14. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I use Xbox and am damn proud of it...

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I have been under the impression the XBox 360 would be a Dreamcast until just recently. NOT because of any smart moves by M$, but because of dumb moves by Sony. By missing the $299 price point, unless by "expensive" Sony only means $350 (doubtful), Sony's essentially going to allow Microsoft to put out a crap version of the XBox 360 and grab the low end market that refuses to buy Nintendo because of their image and can't afford the PS3.

Parents going into a store will buy the cheaper version of the XBox because they don't understand the difference.

16. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

when is the ps3 scheduled to come out
    hopefully soon cuz i dont want to buy an xbox without seeing a ps3 first

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

somewhere in the first half of 2006, they say.

but honestly, why not just wait? who says you need to buy an Xbox360 in its infancy?

18. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Originally I had no interesting in the 360 at all, but if Sony don't release some serious information about the PS3 I'll probably end up importing a 360 to hold me over. The "best" (insert sarcastic crying tone) thing about world wide launches for us Australians is it usually means "THE REST OF THE WORLD". I was speaking to a guy who works at a game shop here and he was under the impression we wouldn't see the 360 until March 2006, and the PS3 until 2007. Hopefully he's misinformed, but based on the other console releases I wouldn't be suprised at all.

Oh well hopefully there is some serious info released about all 3 next-gen consoles at the TGS. For the last few months I've had a hankerin' to play Mario Kart and I've come so close to buying a GC just for 1 game, must resist tempation to buy current hardware! Oh and God please make Nintendo realise that the Revolution has to be HD enabled!

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah at this point I really am hoping Nintendo changes their mind from popular demand. After all they said "at this time" as if the decision wasn't sure yet. Matt @ IGN says similar stuff.

Interesting new info to come out; apparently, the WIRED controllers for the XBox 360 (they use USB) will work with Windows as a gamepad. However, they cost...$45. :eek:

I'm absolutely stunned by the XBox 360 peripheral prices.

20. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I second that. $100 for wifi!!! That's highway robbery! :eek:

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Exactly! If I bought a 360 I'd HAVE to get WiFi to play online, it's a requirement for me. $100 is insane :eek: At least it's b/g/a, but who needs a? Take off the a and make it $50, please!

$40 for a 64 MB memory card?

At this point, anyone who doesn't buy the $399 XBox 360 is going to regret it when they pay $40 for a memory card and end up without a hard drive, without backwards compatability, without the ability to get patches and new maps, without a wireless controller, without the ability to play online (no headset, $20, required), and without any of the multimedia capabilities.

I may not be a big XBox fan, but to anyone buying an XBox; do NOT buy the $299 version, it's not worth it. Get the $399 one.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

£100 translates to 54 of our british gold coins. wow. its amazing people are actually supporting M$ here... this could have been a golden opportunity to give M$ a bloody nose. hopefully it will do hideously bad in its first few months so after Xmas the price will plummet.

again, for the Rev's HD output... one thing which people keep overlooking is that it has monitor output. now i know there are litterly thousands of brands and types of monitors out there but most can handle (CRT at least) HD resolutions no problem. hell, all new (TFT and CRT) monitors are getting higher resolutions so if it can output to that then SURELY there will be an adapter or something for a HDTV? monitor support means it will support higher resolutions.

23. benpatient macrumors 68000

pretty sure I read that the 360 has VGA capability.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1190/Xbox-360-Interview-Todd-Holmdahl/p1/

yup, i did read that.

which isn't going to matter so much to me because this baby will be running to my 50" plasma.

24. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Unless something has changed, the Revolution has no HD/HDTV support...at all. I'll leave it to GFLPraxis to set the record straight.

25. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

Of course I do. Especially since doing so (using an XBox) means I played the following:

- Crimson Skies
    - Fable
    - Panzer Dragoon
    - Knights of The Old Republic
    - Doom 3 (Co-Op Mode FTW)
    - And various other games that look better on the XBox (SW: Battlefront, Prince of Persia, Soul Caliber 2, Red Dead Revolver, etc. etc.)