Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doxxic

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2003
Thank you all very much!

32 bit works.

It was driving me crazy.

Strange btw how embedded YTvideos did work.

Spike8888

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
Help!!!

At the risk of sounding like an idiot.... I too can no longer watch YouTube videos via Safari. Could someone please tell me exactly how one "toggles Safari to 32 bit"?!?!?! This is supposed to be the solution, but I don't know how to do this. Thank you so much for your help.

Also, how will this change affect anything else?

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
At the risk of sounding like an idiot.... I too can no longer watch YouTube videos via Safari. Could someone please tell me exactly how one "toggles Safari to 32 bit"?!?!?! This is supposed to be the solution, but I don't know how to do this. Thank you so much for your help.

Also, how will this change affect anything else?

Close safari of its running.

Got to your applications folder and right click on safari and select 'get info'.

There is a checkbox that says 'open in 32-bit mode'. Check that.

Pretty much won't affect anything. Maybe you'll have to live without any 64-bit extensions for a while.

Dan--

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008

gldrlmmh

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
After switching to 32-bit mode, I had to restart my mini as well. I found that the videos played in Firefox, but now I have them back in Safari as well.

sdavissm

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
Me Too. I'm part of the world

This has been happening to me also.

32Bit mode solved it. However, before switching if I set the User Agent in the Develop menu to Internet Explorer that worked too.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The above didn't work for me.

I had to toggle Safari into 32-bit mode. YT works again.

I know this is most likely related to adobe but Apple's (Steve's) childish refusal to embrace flash is really starting to piss me off.

WTF? YouTube / Flash problem has nothing to do with Apple.

Fact: Apple didn't update Safari this week.
Thus, if something goes wrong, it's server side, not Apple.

Some peope's irrational hate is really starting to piss me off.

Last edited:

Marlor

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2005
This is a problem for everyone in our office as well. It seems some videos work, others don't.

Switching to 32-bit mode has fixed it for me. Others installed a Webkit nightly and said that helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.