Worms 3D, Rayman 3, Total Immersion Racing and Republic

Discussion in 'Games' started by lewdvig, Nov 7, 2003.

1. lewdvig macrumors 65816

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I originally ordered Rayman 3 in early December with anticipations that I would recieve it by the end of the month. When that fell through, I cancelled that order and went ahead with a few different games.

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Worms! Yes. My avatar will be pleased.

P-Worm

4. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

When is Worms3D coming out? Amazon.com says the Mac version is shipping "within 2 or 3 days" and they were saying it would be available on January 19. Nowhere on the net can I find system requirements for it. :(

Anyone have any info? :confused:

5. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

WORMS WORMS WORMS WORMS!!!!!

INCOMING!!!!!!!

I love that game...

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    worms!!! wooo hooo i love that game i can play it hours on end

7. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

The more and more I think about it, the more I convince myself that moving Worms to 3D is a bad idea. It's built on a 2D world. To me that seems almost like porting Tetris to 3D (they didn't do that, did they? :eek: ). Has anyone heard of this Worms 3D and if it is any good?

P-Worm

8. Declan macrumors member

Played Worms3D when i had a PC (recent switcher after 19 yrs of windoze stupidity) and now have it on my XBOx and worms translates into 3D perfectly. Just as good as original worms, if not better.

9. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Its made by sega and I think its great. I have only played the demo, but if it came out for the Mac, I would buy it since I still play the old worms on my PowerBook G4 when I go on holiday.

10. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Well, this is good to hear, thanks.

P-Worm

11. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Worms 3d rocks! And that´s all I´ve got to say about that!

12. Versello macrumors regular

13. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Same thing happened with me and Rayman 3. I ordered it when it was shipping like December 23rd, and all of a sudden it went to JANUARY 23rd.

14. Dair Grant Guest

Unfortunately the release dates posted by Amazon are wildly inaccurate. At some point they will line up with the actual release date, but the initial dates they post are not even an educated guess.

E.g., the Mac port of Worms 3D has never been planned for January 2004, let alone the 19th. The port is coming on well, but we are currently aiming for a release in Q2. We will have a better idea of the release date the closest we get, but at the moment Q2 is as accurate as we can say.

In terms of ship dates, Rayman 3 did take a little longer than planned as we were held up slightly in approvals (which happens, the sign-off process can vary considerably from game to game). Having said that, the fastest way to get delivery of a game from Feral is probably to order it directly from their web site - those orders will be fulfilled as soon as they can once the game comes back from manufacturing.

-dair
    Zonic