Worms Armageddon?

Discussion in 'Games' started by the_wallcrawler, Mar 16, 2003.

1. the_wallcrawler macrumors regular

Is the game Worms Armageddon available for Mac? I have searched the net for info and have found some that leads to me believe that it was at some point, but I cannot find it in any online stores. Please let me know if the game came out and where I could possibly find it.

Thanks.

Eric

2. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Re: Worms Armageddon?

Funny you should ask because I was just on the exact same hunt last week. I had it for Dreamcast awhile back and am dying to play it again. Unfortunately it never made it to the Mac. It was in development and was cancelled shortly before release. Worms never made it past version 1 on the Mac, which isn't anywhere near the same thing. I finally broke down and bought myself the Worms Triple Pack for $12.99! It has Worms 2, World party, Armageddon, and Blast Demo. It's Windows only so I have to play it at my girlfriend's house, but it was still worth it. If you really are dying to play you can get a used Dreamcast for $30 and Armageddon for about $5.

3. the_wallcrawler thread starter macrumors regular

i have a dreamcast, but i think the pc version is better. thanks for the info though.

eric

4. BubbaTAC macrumors member

Virtual PC?

I am also an addict,
    I have a 12" power book (867 256M)
    and I was coonsidering trying Worms: Armaggedon or World Party in Virtual PC. Does anyone know anything about the game or VPC that woul make this impossible? I think it would probably run fine on the dual 1.42, but alas, I don't have that kind of cash. Would more RAM help in trying this?

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Virtual PC?

Check the specs needed for the game.
    VPC 6 gets up to a BLAZIN 16 MB Of video :super sarcasm:

On a 1.25 PowerMac is a VPC = to 666 MHZ use that as your comparison.

6. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Re: Virtual PC?

NO WAY! sorry but it just won't do it. i've tried many times on my 733 G4 w/1.5 gigs RAM and on a dual 1 gig PowerMac at work. neither system was able to make the game playable.