Worms XBLA - Certification Complete

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Worms for XBLA has finally completed certification, which means it should be released soon.

So who will be getting this? I've been waiting to nab this for some time and will be getting it as soon as its released.

Not to start yet another gamertag thread, but it would be nice to know who will specifically be up for some online Worm carnage! :)

2. giganten macrumors 6502a

I think we have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for it.
    I Dont have Xbox Live Gold.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Ditto and ditto :)
    I'll be getting it, I don't know when I'll have Live Gold though. :(

5. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Worms Armaggedon is one of my all time favorite gams.

That being said, I am DEFINATELY getting this game- ONLY if it has ropes. Seriously. I bought worms for the psp and I don't see ropes. That was the best part of the game! I can seriously still do some serious stunts using ropes in that game. :)

6. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I know they left out the holy hand grenade and some other "super weapons"; I didn't see ropes being mentioned as "left out". Hopefully they'll release a weapons add-on pack or an update or something that includes these items because holy hand grenade was awesome.

http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/02/16/developer-interview-team-17-worms/#more-1068

7. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worms_HD

Ropes are there, in screenshots of the weapon select options! :)
    (6th item on the 2nd row)

Worms XBLA will cost 800 points.

8. giganten macrumors 6502a

Worms next week!

http://xboxyde.com/news_4059_en.html

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I just can't see the appeal here. The PC version already has online play with custom weapons, flags, graves, levels from bitmaps, custom soundbanks, more weapons and items, larger resolution, (IMO) better looking worms.

10. savar macrumors 68000

savar

It appeals to people like me who don't play video games on PCs but do play on consoles. I've been looking for a 4-player game that's fun and easy. I think this is gonna be it. (Fusion frenzy is still a little weird.)

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh yea I can definitely see that. I'm just wondering what the Worms purists are going to think of the game, I skipped the DS/PSP versions because they were so naff. Limiting the game even more, or equally in other ways (weapons) just isn't going to do it for the PC crowd I don't think.

12. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well that's the thing, "Purists" will probably appreciate the limitations.

I know I do. I prefer more strategy oriented games, so no super weapons really. And 75% of the weapons in past worms games were pointless anyway, so removing them seems good.

This looks to be somewhere inbetween Worms 1 & 2 with an updated UI and graphics. Which is almost like saying perfection, to me.

13. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Well I am sold! Anyone looking for a friendly game come find me wednesday night!

kwick7 on xbox live

14. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Worms: Open Warfare on the PSP also had ropes in the same spot.

The disappointing thing is that Worms for XBLA and Worms for the PSP are pretty much the same game... except one is about 1/3rd the price.

15. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

They do have identical weapon/tool sets.

Open Warfare actually has more content though, the XBLA version doesn't have additional soundbanks, or custom maps, music... etc. It's actually very reduced with the exception of high-resolution graphics.

I'd definitely rather _control_ worms using a 360 controller then a PSP or DS though, and leaderboards and online play is what is most appealing to me about this 360 version. Acheivements don't hurt either, but that's just minor icing.

Multiplayer is what I'm wanting, in a nice controlled space where I don't have to deal with the Worms PC scene... dumb gametypes and cheating in general.

16. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Did it really? I bought worms for the psp the other day, used, for like $16. I only played a quick game or 2 but didnt notice any ropes. I will have to fire that up again. :)

Seriously, though- multiplayer is what's really important here (xbox live version vs psp version).

17. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

(As I said in my other thread) this blows :D
    I was dying waiting for Alien Hominid + Worms and now that AH is out and Worms hits next week...my 360 decides to throw a hissy fit and stop working.

Aargh
    Good grief :(