worms?

Discussion in 'Games' started by giganten, Feb 11, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

Can you play worms world party or maybe armagedon on the mac?
    Or do you have to use parallels or bootcamp for that, but will it work if i install vista?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, but i dont like the worms 3d games.

I like world party best.
    So i have to use parallels or bootcamp to play it?
    Will it work in parallels, so i dont have to rebot to play.

I can also say that I dont have a mac yet, will buy me a macbook when leopard is out. So i cant try if it will work :eek:

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Parallels won't work. I can barely get FFVII to work in it. But It's playable. Mainly because of Software rendering.

5. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, so i have to use bootcamp to play it. :(

I did read about two other programs that work like parallels, i think it was CrossOver and VMvare.

6. LastLine macrumors 65816

I'd give parallels a try, I can't see how Worms is more intensive than FF7...I mean if we're talking about the 3D one sure, but the 2D one doesn't take much at all.

7. will0407 macrumors 6502a

Me and my mate have been trying for the past 4 hours to get it to work in parallels. He got exactly the same copy to work on his windows comp, but it won't work in parallels. I keep getting an error message saying (see pic). I've used a patch/crack etc, and have got exactly the same files as he has.

If anyone can help me out, that'd b awesome

Attached Files:

8. charmin macrumors member

charmin

Why?

9. will0407 macrumors 6502a

because that's just what my mate did to get his to work :p I'm not really very clued up on games- I've enver used games on a mac- worms is the first game I've EVER tried to install, although I didn't do alot of installng, I left it to my mate

10. charmin macrumors member

charmin

Well I'm pretty sure Worms Armageddon never made it onto the Mac, although there may have been plans to do so at one point.

I don't really know about Worms World Party, but your best bet is probably just to use Boot Camp. The virtualisation programs currently aren't much good with graphics, but hopefully the rumours about VMWare supporting hardware acceleration will become true very soon :D