Worried about Alzheimers? Smoke some weed!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Oct 5, 2006.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Or rather, vaporize some weed so you don't get lung cancer while you're preventing Alzheimers...
    Weird. Your short-term memory is hosed, but your long-term memory is aided by THC?

Skunk's gonna be the most lucid 80yo around... ;)

2. deebster macrumors 6502

* Goes to skin up *

* forgets where stash is *

Oh the irony :D

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I just saw this and wondered who'd be the first to thread it. :D Looks like Willie's gonna remember a whole lot for a long time.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, there's something to look forward to. :D

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smokin' marijuana."

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

:D :D I just read the last part of mac's post. Lucid in the sky with diamonds.

7. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

8. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Just think the Republican Party could win a HUGE victory by decriminalizing personal use and cultivation, then nobody would care what they do ;)

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Just think the Republican Party could win a HUGE victory if the reverted back to true conservative values.

Yes yes yes yes, mary jane will be legalized soon enough. I remember my old college professor saying many tobacco companies have already trade-marked names for when that day comes. One of 'em was Tijuana Golds?

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

In the end, you can't remember what you did years ago or 10 minutes ago but you feel good for a while. Of course, my dad's memory loss leaves him sitting there thinking about who knows what all day and he is rarely distressed that he can't remember.

On the other hand, I heard something on the news about apple juice being quite helpful in preventing memory loss.

11. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

It won't be legalized until corporate America can figure out a way to control
    the revenues.
    Circumventing taxation by growing your own will probably result in raids by
    ATF even though you have no intention of selling or distributing.

The idea of "True Conservative Values" was lost when religion was allowed to influence the protections of the U.S. Constitution.

Unfortunately those of us who are politically conservative are now being lumped
    together with "religious conservatives".

In my view the protection of the Constitution is no longer the goal
    of these particular so called "conservatives".

In fact, this faction of religious extremists, have done all they can to
    undermine the protections of the Constitution.

12. Desertrat macrumors newbie

On some political issues, "I wouldn't call Jesse Helms a Communist, but he's pretty damned liberal." Progressive Pall Malls ain't one of those issues. Ever since Nixon labelled it the War on Drugs, I've said it's more of a war on the Bill of Rights.

It's not conjecture that marijuana relieves the nausea associated with chemotherapy. It's cold, hard fact. It's fact that heroin is the only thing that can relieve the pain associated with some types of cancer. The glaucoma thing has been known for a good while; now we learn of the benefits WRT OldTimer's disease.

Do the folks up at Bolinas still raise that smooth, silky, really-potent stuff? :)

'Rat