Worried about Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bubbasteve, May 9, 2005.

1. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    I'm thinking about buying a Motorola V3 Razr from amazon.com so I can capitalize on the $99 price tag. Now I am very cautious on buying from Amazon.com. Have any of you out there bought a phone through amazon.com and say if it broke would the service provider repair it no problem or are they going to resist repairing your phone since you bought it through amazon... I mean maybe I'm being too nervous about I would like to know what you guys/girls think.

P.S. If you have the Motorola V3 Razor then please give me a review on it.
  2. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Since that particular deal requires that you get service from Cingular, I would think that this would be no different than buying the phone from a Cingular store or mall kiosk. You might want to call a Cingular store to verify this... it's a great deal, once you get the rebate check in your hands.

I actually thought about this for a few seconds, but I gotta stick with my Motorola MPx200... used to be AT&T Wireless, now they sold me to SunCom. (Harry Connick Jr.: "We're SunCom... and we get it!" Gah.)
  3. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    its not a big deal. i believe amazon has a number you can call when you buy a phone anyways, because there are a lot of people like you.
  4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Amazon is your best bet if you want this phone. They only require a 1 year contract with Cingular. If you go to the Cingular store, the phone is $200 after rebate with a 2 year agreement. You'll have no problems if the phone needs repair. Remember, the wireless carriers don't really want to sell you a phone (they lose money by subsidizing the costs), they want your business, er, contracts.

I just joined Cingular because I wanted a BT phone that worked with my Mac and my Acura TL. Cingular had the Motorola v551, Verizon did not. When I called Verizon to cancel (on the contract expiration date), they offered me a new phone, a $100 credit and sexual favors with the CEO's wife if I would stay with them.
  5. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I'd probably stay with Verizon..... :D

I wouldnt worry about Amazon, they're the biggest online retailer. They won't screw you over.
  6. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    I wouldn't worry about Microsoft, they're the biggest operating system retailer. They won't screw you over.

That being said, Amazon.com is amazing, and there should be no problems getting a phone through them.
  7. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    To all of you that care, I called up Cingular and they said that as long as I have the insurance on the phone through them then they will cover the broken phone, so I guess that means I will be purchasing a motorola Razr
  8. calyxman macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005

Wow, she was that ugly?
  9. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    Ouch... that hurts. Good thing you followed that up with saying Amazon is good, cause they really are. But the analogy to a Microsoft... gives me the chills...