Worried (wireless Mighty Mouse acting up)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by G99, Oct 5, 2006.

1. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

I've been having some problems recently, but until tonight, I wasn't too worried.
    I recently bought a Wireless Mighty Mouse. However, recently it has been acting up. It will suddenly lose all its abilities, apart from cursor movement (I can't click, scroll etc.) I could fix the problem by playing around with the bluetooth mouse settings.
    But, today, this happened again. I could not resolve the problem by playing around with settings, so I disconnected the mouse, to try and reconnect. Then, to my surprise, my iMac claimed there was no bluetooth available, and said that I had to connect a bluetooth module. I am using an iMac G5, so bluetooth should be bundled with the mac... The wireless keyboard, however, was still connected, but had a different name ( some collection of letters and numbers. )
    I was trying to get stuff to work, when the fans started spinning wildly. I couldn't even hear other people speak properly. I turned it off, and now, it is fine.
    The fan problem has happened before. This is when others put a cloth over the mac so it is not in view from outside. I imagine they sometimes leave it on, for when I get back, and lift the cover, the fans are on wildly, dust is flying everywhere, and the mac is very hot. I am worried this continual covering of the mac could have damaged something...
    I am worried these problems are linked, as they happened one after the other...
    What are your thoughts?
    EDIT: Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. Could a mod move it to basics and help?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

sounds like the BT module is damaged, and probably the thermal sensor as well. If the iMac is still within warranty, you might be able to get it fixed up for free.

Generally, its not a good idea to be covering your computers in insulation while they are still on.

3. G99 thread starter macrumors 6502

G99

Thanks for your advice. I've persuaded them to not cover the mac. At the moment, it is fine, but if the problem persists, I'll take it into an Apple Store.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

How old are your batterys and does it get a lot of use? Also do you turn off your mouse at night?