Worst Apple lie you've told

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lamina, Jul 8, 2006.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Tonight I drank much and told friends I haven't seen from grade school that I work for Apple in Cupertino designing user interfaces for the 'new Mac OS'. Each and every one believed me. The fact that I was wearing an "Authorized Apple Reseller" polo shirt helped things along.

Any other stories?

2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

4. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

I told Apple that things wouldn't get weird between us and that I'd call her again.

5. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Well that was odd, why would you do that? :confused:

I don't really lie much, I really suck at it. The closest "Apple lie" I guess is telling my parents that I'm not going to get them a Mini for Christmas this year. (They found out that is what I was planning and are giving me the whole "don't you dare spend that kind of money!" crap) But I am!! Oh yes, I'm a devious one...:cool:

6. iGary Guest

iGary

I tell people that they are the worst computers, ever.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Probably the biggest Apple-related lie I've ever told was telling Finance that we absolutely needed new Macs (G5s) and peripherals, and that the time where we couldn't get any meaningful work done was soon approaching... you can hardly blame me, right? :D

Closely on its heels, telling my team-members that I wasn't at all upset by my broken iPod. Brushed it off with a bitter-sweet smile while inwardly moping about it... :(

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

When my parents PC kinda blew up (they turned it on and heard a loud pop and smelled something burning) I told them they needed a new computer, when all their PC needed was probably a new motherboard. So we went to the Apple Store later that day and they got a mini :D Lie? Yeah, probably, since a mobo probably was all that was needed, but I was sick of troubleshooting windows and it's spyware and other problems

9. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

my worst apple lie was sending a leopard screenshot to my friend and saying I got a pre-release of it.

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I tried to tell my GF that the Power Mac G5 and 2 20" ACDs that turned up on my desk at home one day had been there the whole time we had lived together.

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Winner ;)

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Over the past few years, I have told newbies at this board......especially potential switchers who had absolutely no idea about Macs......that a G4 Mac felt as fast as a WinPC Pentium 4.

*giggles*

13. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

14. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

Heh... you beat me to it...

15. iShane macrumors 6502a

16. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'm waiting until new Quad Intel Desktops come out and then telling my work IT group that we need to replace our Dual G4s & G5s with them - oh yeah - and upgrade to Intel-optimized Adobe CS3! Must have power.

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Thats why shes so bitter now!

18. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Ummm... using Remote Desktop for a prank on my brother. He comes up to me all freaked out becuase he said "I thought macs were immune to spyware...someome was controling my computer and typing weird things..." I said yah man, you better steer clear of those highly offensive photographic websites and p2p programs (He was hogging my bandwidth :mad: )

He only checks email and messenges now ahahahahahahaha

Edit: i have poor gramer :)

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I already have an amazingly awesome job, so I tend not to lie to my friends about what I do. ;)

Worst Apple lie? Can't think of one.

20. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I think probably when I told my friend my MacBook Pro was based on 256 bit processor architecture...

21. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

priceless
    :D

22. mpw Guest

I'm only going to London to visit the AppleStore and buy a new laptop hahahahahahahahahaha!

23. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I knew that would be your answer as soon as I saw your name in this thread and before I even clicked to view. :D ;)

24. andym172 macrumors 6502

I convinced my ex girlfriend that my new 17" Powerbook (at the time) was the exact same 15" PB I'd had for 18 months, except lately I'd been pulling out the extendable speakers. :rolleyes:

25. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I told myself that 512MB RAM was enough to run Tiger, iMovie, Garageband, Safari, Mail, about 20 widgets, iCal, Adium, iTunes, and Word on my PB1.25 without any unreasonable lag.

The fool still believes me. :D