Worst/Best Bet you have won or lost!

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Nov 25, 2003.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Tonight at a team dinner one of my friends randomly said he would give me all the money in this wallet if a drank a whole bottle of Soy Sauce. OH GOD BAD IDEA! He had $30 in his wallet so I decided that $30 bucks was good for drinking a pretty good sized soy sauce bottle, I was wrong. It was the worst feeling in my life. So I started gaging 1/2 way through, I'm gaging just rembering it from an hour ago. But everyone was saying just finish it! So I drank the rest then ran outside and tried to throw up and I did. I would not recomend this bet to anyone. It feels like you have a super dry mouth (all the salt), got kicked the the stomach very hard (all the salt) and you constanly have to throw up. So DON'T DO IT.

Whats the worst or best bet you ever got involed in?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

that makes me sick just thinking about it. well done.

i really can't say, i think both best *and* worst would be obscene. but, fond memories.

;)
    pnw

3. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Not really bets but I've done some pretty stupid things on my mountain bike for little more than a bottle of crappy Draft Beer. Which of coures lead to doing more and more dangours acts while under the influence.

Not recomended.

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Somone bet me 30 dollars that I wouldnt go up to a guy and use horrible pick up lines. Easiest 30 dollars I ever got :)

"...it sure must suck to have to work during the dance?.,.." it was hella funnyy :)

5. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck do you get your name from the fork company? I mountain bike, more DownHill now, what kind of stuff did you do?

Tazo, thats just lame $30 for a pickup line.

6. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Yes and I know balck (black) is spelt wrong but can't change it. Yeah I freeride/DH and am looking to buy a XC bike over the Summer (It's summer in AUS.) My mates and I get up to some pretty extreme stuff though. We're just junkies looking for a rush.

Here is a pic of a mate of mine doing a 23ft drop(sorry if you've seen it before)

Attached Files:

7. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

I don't know how to do the multiple photo thing, here is another one, they're all from video footage. This is of a Guy I know, I didn't take this footage but you can see me standing on the top of the tank.

Attached Files:

8. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Many years ago, as usualy, I was playing poker with my regular group. We usually end the night with a round of Red Dog. Anyway, the cards came to me, I got the best possible filp (Ace King) and bet the wad. Of course, another king came up so I lost double to pot - a total of about $2800. I wasn't very happy.

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

it was pretty lame. that was why it was the easiest 30 bux I have ever made on a bet :)

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Tazo: thats pretty dumb and lame, but I would have done it

Foxer: Thats why I dont play cards, Im scared to lose 5 bucks...

11. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Over the years, I'm still ahead.

No matter the situation, just remember (and follow) the golden rule of betting and you'll be fine. "Never bet more than you can afford to lose."

12. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Best bet wasn't a gamble

The best bet I ever made was a month or two ago. My co-worker and I were talking about the Matrix movies, and the things we liked about the style and the philosophy so I get the idea that he knows the movies pretty well. Then he says "Tom Cruise really played Neo well"....

For the next 10 minutes we go back and forth on this. I insist that he's mixing up the actors name, he's insisting that I have it wrong even after I naming a few of Keanu's and Tom's movies trying to establish which actor is which. So finally he says "Let's bet on it", and I tell him there's no bet because I know I'm right. He pushes the matter and says if you're so sure, bet big. So I bet him that Keanu played Neo in all the Matrix movies for our year end bonuses (close to but below 10,000 each).

Now that he knows I won, he's like "That wasn't a real bet." So I don't think I'll get my payoff, and I'm not pushing it (he has a kid to take care of)... But if he does own up to it, I'll be filling out an order for a G5 very soon afterwards!

13. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

i can't really think of any right now...recently my friend bet me 5 dollars i wouldn't eat a decent sized wad of wasabi straight....that was an easy five bucks, american wasabi is pretty weak.

14. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I don't bet, and cos I don't drink, I don't get into the stupid situations below:

My brother-in-law once ate the contents of an ashtray for a 50p bet...:eek: He used the money to buy some breath mints:D

My friend Tim snorted a line of parmesan cheese in a pizza house in Leicester on some very poor bet, he nearly choked, and had tears of cheese running down his face, it was close to being the most disgusting thing I've seen, but I nearly p*ssed myself laughing.

15. kaosfere macrumors member

Most of the stupid stunts that I've pulled haven't been for a bet, but just because I'm the kind of person who's always doing something stupid and unexpected to amuse his friends.

There was the one time, at Wicked Burrito in Chapel Hill, that I decided to shotgun three tubs full of the hottest salsa in the house. Incredible rush. Painful for the next several hours -- and again the next day.

Then there was the time I broke open a snap-packed of salt, cut it like coke, and snorted it all. Salt in the sinuses hurts.

It wasn't really a bet, but I one time scored a MicroVAX II in exchange for a cup of urine -- cow-orker was due for a drug test, and couldn't pass it, so I passed it for him.

Meh.

16. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

lucky... real wasabi would have sent my sinus to hell and back - but only for about 10 seconds. :D