So I decided to upgrade the hard drive in my MacBook Pro. I was just tired of getting the "startup disk almost full" errors. I found a great deal on a 160gb drive ($130) and set to work. This is my second MacBook Pro, and I took apart my first one with no problems and got it back together. So I considered myself experienced in the art of getting it taken apart and putting it back together. I carefully removed all the necessary screws. I was fully aware of the two screws behind the battery on the front side of the notebook. After getting the screws removed I began taking off the top case. It was caught up on the front a little bit so I, as recommended by the take-apart guide, slowly and carefully rocked it back and forth. I was careful not to force anything. The top case just wouldn't come off. I tried a few more times and then set in to investigate further. Turns out I had left those two screws in. @#$!@! I had just bent up the top case. In fact, one of the tabs where those screws go in completely broke off. Despite my setback I proceeded with the install, got everything back together, and tried it out. The top case is bent in the front, so the notebook wouldn't close properly. I mean, it would close, but you had to push really hard to get the latch to work. Knowing what I did wrong the last time, I figured I was safe the open it again without too many problems. To make a long story short, I opened up and tried to fix the case about 5 times - making it progressively worse each time. Upon getting it back together, it would either not close right or not fit together right. I took it apart one last time and finally took my marware pad off (duh) and put it back together. While I had it open though, I noticed many of the spot welds on the top case had come loose (you know the ones that hold the aluminum to the rest of the top case). I got some glue to pin it back down so it wouldn't be sticking up in the corners and by the keyboard (yes, I fubared it that bad). All back together one last time, closes great, but now it's a pain in the ass to open. You have to dig your finger into the right side of the button to get it to release. I worked on it for a bit, getting os x installed and my old files transferred over from my previous hard drive, etc. Finally I shut the lid and went to bed. It gets worse! In the morning I woke up and turned the thing on. Working great, but I noticed some smudging on my screen. Upon further inspection I noticed it was in an exact straight line across the screen exactly above where the top case aluminum meets the bottom of the keyboard. I had glued here and fumes from the glue must have come up and ruined the screen. I tried cleaning it with a alcohol/water solution to no avail. The smudge appears to be actually damage from the fumes of the glue to the screen. So, to recap: Upgraded hard drive from 80 to 160 gigs. Downgraded latch to non-opening, top case to non-fitting, and screen to permanent smudge. I also realize that I probably hosed my warranty. I sprung for the 3 year and am in my first year. I assume I can't get a refund on the last two years so I'm pretty much screwed. A refund would be nice because it would at least pay for a new top case (~$250). Moral of the story: don't be a dumbass.