Worth of my PMG4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rstroud, Nov 6, 2004.

1. rstroud macrumors regular

Hey, I took the plunge into the mac world with this powermac, and now I want to upgrade a bit...so what's this baby worth?

G4 Digital Audio 466
    1 gb PC 133 RAM
    Nvidia GF4MX 32 meg card
    120 GB Seagate 7200 RPM meg 8mb buffer (FAST!)
    Combo Drive
    SCSI Card
    USB Card (4 ports total)
    Digital to VGA adaptor
    Black Pro Keyboard and Mouse
    OSX Panther

2. rstroud thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I've looked, but I hate ebay. I'd rather sell to a member here. Ebay's prices tend to be a bit overinflated anyway.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Solafaa means look at eBay to see what the current market value is of your system :rolleyes:

4. rstroud thread starter macrumors regular

I did sir. Perhaps if you read my post, you would see that I did look. I'm just asking what someone would be willing to pay on here. :rolleyes:

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Sorry, I missunderstood, I thought you meant you just didn't want to sell on eBay :eek:

6. rstroud thread starter macrumors regular

It's alright. I'm thinking of getting a new iBook and dumping this crappy Dell Inspiron. I love the portablity of the iBook and the price is right. Now I've just gotta sell the PowerMac and the Inspiron. :p

7. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Is it 466 GHz? if so i think you would not make that much at all, maybe $500, not sure. You can use it as a 2nd desktop where you keep/watch all your movies and keep it as a backup, otherwise just sell it and get extra RAM with that money.

8. rstroud thread starter macrumors regular

That's about what I thought I'd get. With some money saved and selling my Dull, I should have enough for the 12 incher with a 60 gig hard disk.

9. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Put it on ebay, the worst thing that could happen is that you dont sell it, you might get a good price for it.

10. senseibiz macrumors regular

I agree, I sold my 17" imac G4 on Ebay, and I got more than I was looking for.

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

If it is, it must be worth its weight in something far more valuable in gold.
    Try Mhz...

1000 Mhz=1 Ghz BTW.